Welcome to bikepacking.net!
The short answer: it’s backpacking with a bike.
Longer answer: any ride that includes an overnight stay. This could be anything from ultralight singletrack tours to fully loaded dirt road touring (e.g. on the Great Divide Mountain Bike Route). bikepacking.net focuses on off-road touring, away from cars. But the concepts and gear transfer equally well to all types of rides that stretch overnight.
Our aim is to distill the collective knowledge about routes, gear and planning. We have a strong community of bikepackers, and are excited to promote this new and very exciting way to travel.
Inside you will find:
- Forums – Join the bikepacking community!
- Routes – Up to date info on routes for offroad touring, including GPS data
- Gear Reviews – What works and what doesn’t.
- Personal Setups – Complete gear lists and carrying systems. Get ideas from other bikepackers.
- Trip Reports – Whether you’re looking for inspiration or detailed route info.
- Become a contributor – add your trip reports, personal setup or products for review.
The sun goes down, but the ride goes on.