Rain Gear » Mountain Laurel Designs Event Rain Mitt
My hands get cold easily in windy cold weather on the bike, especialy in the rain or wet snow. However, most waterproof gloves are not breathable enough to wear all the time, and too heavy to bring as extra’s. The solution: an ultralight, ultra breathable pair of mitts.
Here is a good candidate from MLD:
2009 ALL EVENT CONSTRUCTION- 3 Layer on High wear palm with 2 Layer on low wear areas of lower palm and back of hand
• Medium .90oz / 25gms per pair
• Large .95oz/ 27gms per pair
MLD Rain Mitts have been along for The Ride with multiple long distance hikers in 2007 all reporting excellent performance.
* Andrew Skurka (2007 National Geographic Adventure Magazine Adventurer of the Year) on the 6,875mile Great Western Loop
* Francis Tapon on the first successful 5,800 mile CDT Yo-Yo
* Anitra “Nitro” Kass on her 2,900 mile CDT and Tipple Crown finish (AT, PCT and CDT) One of the few women to tripple crown primarily solo.
* Erin and Brentwood Higman on thier 4,000+ mile Journey on the Wild Coast. At one point in an early season Alaskan blizzard, they were forced to stuff grass into the mitts as insulation!
Here’s the review on BPL:
Please rate this product: (no login required)