Pages: 1 [2]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Face Warmth Reply #20 on: December 27, 2014, 09:00:42 PM
pavementgraveldirt

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2014, 09:00:42 PM »

Being a glasses dependent rider (can't see the ground with out them can't wear contacts)  I am constantly battling frozen nose vs fogged up glasses. 

I find that ski goggles tend to work fairly well for shielding my glasses from air pushed up by the balaclava, but any helmet that I have ever tried seems to push on the top of the goggles. . . Anyone have any suggestions there? Preferably a helmet that would work year round?

Why is there not a goggle that has a nose extension?

But with the bottom of the nose cut out? Has anyone ever tried to mod diving goggles?  Looks kinda goofy but I mean for me any ways the goggles can't really make it worse.

Topic Name: Face Warmth Reply #21 on: December 28, 2014, 02:43:18 PM
MPS

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2014, 02:43:18 PM »

Diving goggle rubber (liquid skin its called in most cases) freezes and becomes brittle, they wouldnt work that well.

Jetski drivers add tape to their nose against the windchill.

Ski goggles often fit to specific ski helmets. If your helmet pushes them down, you might want to get a ski helmet with integrated goggles.

High alpine climber, ski and snowboarders buy Nose Guards. Google the term, you can hook them into the middle of your goggles in most cases.

You can also buy goggles with integrated nose guard, just like you desribed, for example: http://maxsled.com/snowmobile/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Habervision_goggles.jpg

www.unlocked-achievements.com - Cycling to every country in the world

Topic Name: Face Warmth Reply #22 on: December 04, 2015, 08:58:59 AM
justinschuetz

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2015, 08:58:59 AM »

I like to take a cheap fleece headband that is made for covering your ears, and just wear it over my nose.  Between that and the beard, it keeps me good down to -30F or so.  Lower than that, I want a big hood that my head lives inside and I peek out of. 

* running band.jpg (82.66 KB, 720x960 - viewed 485 times.)

Topic Name: Face Warmth Reply #23 on: December 28, 2015, 03:03:52 PM
snarf

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2015, 03:03:52 PM »

I have been using an Avalon 7 mesh tube http://www.avalon7.co/product-category/facemasks/meshtubes/ and it doesn't get as damp or icy as a buff.  Its good for about 32 to 0, if its colder than that I replace the buff off my head with a hat and make the buff into a nose cover and adjust the mesh to cover my chin ears and back of my head.
  Pages: 1 [2]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: