Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Arizona Trail questions for upcoming ride on: December 13, 2010, 12:24:00 PM
tictac778

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2010, 12:24:00 PM »

Hey, folks. I was planning on doing part of the Arizona trail Dec 19-22. My route will be from the traditional start to Tucson, which I'm hoping to complete in 2 days. I'm trying to plan carefully, as I have to fly out of Phoenix for X-mas the morning of the 23rd. Once to Tucson, I was thinking I would take roads back to Parker Canyon Lake. Can someone suggest a good route? I'll sacrifice *some* safety for expedience, i.e wide shoulder paved over less trafficked dirt. Or would anyone be willing to give me a lift? I'd be willing to pay gas plus a negotiated fee (could pay in CO micro-brews if that's your thing). Thanks!

Topic Name: Arizona Trail questions for upcoming ride Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 07:39:30 AM
babalou731

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 07:39:30 AM »

looking for advice... I am planning on this ride next year, not sure what distance I will attempt yet, what ideas for training and planning can anyone recommend?

Topic Name: Arizona Trail questions for upcoming ride Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 07:48:17 PM
xcracer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 07:48:17 PM »

You should do from Oracle up to picket, much more enjoyable. And much closer to phx.

Topic Name: Arizona Trail questions for upcoming ride Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 04:21:36 AM
AZTtripper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 04:21:36 AM »

Yep Oracle to Picket Post would be a sweet ride and easier logistics. The route south from Tucson's SE side down thru Sonoita on hwy 83, there is a short section of windy road but this get done by road guys all of the time. After Sonoita its pretty low traffic to Parker.

For the 300 I think you need to be doing 50 miles a day with at least a fair bit of that being hike a bike hard single track. 75 miles of riding is not the same be sure to put some HAB in your training.

2 days from Parker to Tucson, or from Oracle to Picket Post both should be ok that time of year. Lemmon could have a bunch of snow by then tho.
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: