Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Winter Riding gloves on: May 22, 2016, 08:49:43 AM
hrtpmpr

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2016, 08:49:43 AM »

Hey Guys,
What are you all using for winter riding gloves?  I have a pair of Endura gloves but am finding out that when the weather is really crappy, rain/hail/wind/cold, so are they.  When my hands sweat on the inside the inner liner gets wet and then when you take them off for the first time the liner gets all jacked up and they are next to impossible to get back on.  BangHead  There has got to be a better way....ideas?
Cheers,
Rob

Topic Name: Winter Riding gloves Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 09:09:53 AM
Endless Trails

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 09:09:53 AM »

Pogies, only thing that works for me thumbsup I've tried using my heavy climbing mittens with some success but the constant change in speed and activity level means they can go from too cold to too warm in a matter of minutes. Then I start sweating and they get wet. Instead I use a pair of lightweight poogies with very little insulation and use a pair of medium thickness gloves underneath. The poogies cut the wind(and snow) and the gloves provide the insulation.

My normal pogies are a bit more open than others so I can quickly pull out my hands when I crash or need to adjust something, and my thicker ones are more like the normal design with an adjustable cuff

Btw. if you just want something to deal with occasional bad weather, look at Mountain Hardwear climbing gloves with real large cuffs. Best I found!

Endless Trails Outdoor Equipment - Waterproof bikepacking bags and other outdoor equipment
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: