Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Travel logistics for AZT300 2017 on: October 19, 2016, 02:33:24 PM
HartR

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2016, 02:33:24 PM »

Hi all.  I'm new to the forum but have already enjoyed reading some of your posts.  I participated in TNGA 2015 but missed it this year for another event at the same time.  I had a blast and have been reviewing other opportunities.  AZT keeps popping up and looks to be a good one.

I live in Memphis, TN so would likely be flying in rather than driving.  This presents some additional logistical challenges beyond dealing with a point to point event that is very far from home.  A close friend might come along with me.

At risk of getting hammered for this being discussed before or otherwise available elsewhere......would anyone have suggestions or tips regarding transportation to the starting line (short of my riding there from the airport) and transportation from the finish, as well as suggestions as to what to do with the bike box and other stuff that needs to be somewhere during the event?  I have some old friends in the Phoenix area but this might be a very close friend request!

I hope you enjoyed the stream of consciousness run-on sentences!

Topic Name: Travel logistics for AZT300 2017 Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 03:05:48 PM
Briansong

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 03:05:48 PM »

There's a guy that has run a shuttle for the last couple years. I can't remember the name of it. Perhaps Sonoran Tours or Sonoran Expeditions.  I think another guy named Gnar Gnar tours did it once maybe?

In any case, someone will usually post up a shuttle from Phoenix to the start. Someone will post something up when it gets closer, keep an eye out.

Topic Name: Travel logistics for AZT300 2017 Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 03:56:29 PM
mikepro

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 03:56:29 PM »

Hammer Time: been discussed at length before, and so many options and shuttle companies these days that it's just better that you read through last year's planning thread.  There's so much in here: http://www.bikepacking.net/forum/ultra-racing/arizona-trail-race-aztr-planning-thread/
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: