Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 67
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Tour Divide race discussion on: June 01, 2014, 03:15:23 PM
tanman1337

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2014, 03:15:23 PM »

Figured I would get this topic up so that we can copy down all the important URLs for the loved ones. See you guys in Banff soon!

-Tanner
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 08:26:07 PM by ScottM » Logged

Topic Name: Tour Divide race discussion Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 09:48:29 PM
aschuhmann

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 09:48:29 PM »

Awesome, thanks Tanner!

Topic Name: Tour Divide race discussion Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 06:45:12 AM
Russ Kipp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 06:45:12 AM »

We had a real winter with 150 % or more of snow pack in most of Montana.  However this spring has been relatively dry and warm so much of that snow is gone.  Rivers and streams are high but dropping every day.  The Pioneer Mountain Scenic Byway opened a couple weeks late this spring but is dry and clear.  Montana High Country Lodge wishes all TD riders the best of luck and looks forward to seeing them as they start coming by next week!

Topic Name: Tour Divide race discussion Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 11:45:28 PM
Gimmearaise

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 11:45:28 PM »

Looks like a nice, warm, dry start for you guys up in Canada Eh! Wink Good Luck All!

WWW.BikepackingSummit.com

Topic Name: Tour Divide race discussion Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 12:23:19 AM
crazylarrybanff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 12:23:19 AM »

Thanks Tanner for the NEW Topic Link !  headbang

I try and help ANY & ALL the Tour Divide riders every year.
However...times are pretty rough for me this year.
~ So, Feel Free to tap on my window at back building of YWCA; 2nd window PARKING LOT SIDE back building near bike rack; the one with the little fan in it; tap on it....ANY Tour Divide Rider is welcome !   thumbsup I will try to help anyone as best as I can with information.
My room is packed with 28 boxes and a Bob Trailer & bike hangs from ceiling. Boy! Do I wish I owned a Bed & breakfast! LoL

***Doesn't look like I will be able to go (again) this year. CRaP-O !!! BIG TIME! Its hitting home that hard times with NO money has left little funds for powders and training time.

I had my heart into leaving this year (that was the plan since last year with mom having Cancer and passing on but then, family problems arose) Dang!!! ...a very stubborn disruptive brother not willing to sign off on various estate accounts has left me without money...money I was naturally counting on; due to his controlling ways of using moms accounts to bargain and control me. Its just not going to happen. I AM a Free spirit!
This is my present Story of what was suppose to happen last year...and I am working on making it happen.
 Anyways, that's the story for those thinking I was coming for sure. Last year, mom passed away of Cancer, the 3rd day RIGHT after Grand Dept. Sad but allowed me to be with the TDR riders as she knew it meant a lot to me. Thanks everyone for understanding.

LOOKS like the Grand Dept is a RAINY Start ! I compiled some links for everyone to notice.
The bridge taken out by the floods I believe will be repaired in time. I will post a picture for ALL to see.
My Youtube Channel is bearhugstoyou

EMAIL for Crazy Larry = crazylarrybanff@gmail.com

I would LOVE to hear your letters of intent to me! ok!?  thumbsup
I can't find where anyone has posted any??? So ....FOR A START in traditional ways, to me is GREAT!  headbang

Thought I'd post a couple Weather Links along route: (*June 10th.2014)
Rocky Mountain Weather DOES & CAN change! Its the mountains....where it raining on one side the valley...it may not on the other! That weird/different.

Banff ~ http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/canada/alberta/banff
Canmore ~ http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/canada/alberta/Canmore
Kananaskis Recreation Area ~ (*along the route) http://www.theweathernetwork.com/outdoors/parks/caab0620
Elkford B.C. ~ http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/canada/british-columbia/elkford

I'm trying to get together my underground (*for TDR only!) Question & Answer Session.
***Key Point: I do this strictly out of my love and respect I have for amazing riders that come here from ALL parts of the world.
I have NO affiliation or represent anyone from ACA or intend to. I love cyclist. headbang
I very much love 'each' and 'respect' every one of you for challenging your selves doing something so EPIC!
 I have done this the last few years for the Tour Divide Riders held at the Elk & Oarsmen Bar on the left at 1st Cross-walk in Banff as you travel downtown.
Meeting Time is > 5pm = usually everyone stays for 2 hrs then its BEDTime! *Right!?  thumbsup
Location Elk & Oarsmen Restaurant Bar
https://www.google.ca/maps/preview?ie=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=ca&q=Elk+%26+Oarsman+Restaurant+%26+Pub&cid=16743920434904350230&ei=fYeWU7KiCMThoATp1oDwCA&ved=0CIgBEPwSMAs

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g154911-d780562-i75815303-Elk_and_Oarsmen_Pub_Grill-Banff_Banff_National_Park_Alberta.html

See you ALL here in Banff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38aFf2we2c0

* elk-oarsman-.jpg (86.83 KB, 550x370 - viewed 4016 times.)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 01:07:32 AM by crazylarrybanff » Logged

Think of a thought.
(something your shooting for worthy or to do some good)

Now just Imagine.
FEEL THE GLORY?
OF accomplishing the task.

IF YOU CAN FEEL IT.
“YOU CAN DO IT”

NEVER Stop Dreaming.
Always Keep Believing!

You can
If you think you can
Never ‘EVER’ Give up!
Keep Your Ey

Topic Name: Tour Divide race discussion Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 10:37:13 PM
hikernks

Got Gravel?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 10:37:13 PM »

Saw this happened in Columbia Falls today.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/explosions-fire-columbia-falls-montana-plant-24079984

I wonder if Bill Peschka saw/heard anything.  I believe he passed by there earlier today.

"Man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind, and a step that travels unlimited roads." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged.

http://dingo41.wordpress.com

Topic Name: Tour Divide race discussion Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 09:17:18 PM
Mrs.BigPoppa

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 09:17:18 PM »

Hello!!   Hubby is getting ready for the Grand Depart tomorrow and I am glad to be here this time to see him off.  I imagine lots of time spent checking in on track leaders and here.   Last time he raced, another race follower sent me a link to some really great photos taken of him along the route that I did not even know were out there!    T - 10 hours 42 minutes.   

Topic Name: Tour Divide race discussion Reply #7 on: June 13, 2014, 07:53:15 AM
Wife of BR

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2014, 07:53:15 AM »

So excited everyone has finally started!!!  What an amazing adventure you all are so fortunate to be on.

Rookie wife question:  Is there a way to see mileage between towns or between any two points on trackleaders or elsewhere?  For example, I know the NoBo's are trying to get to Pie Town by Saturday early evening but I don't know how many miles that is from Antelope Wells, Silver City or other.  My husband prepped me pretty well to track this race but I didn't anticipate wanting to know distances ahead of him and I don't have access to his computer to see his cue sheets.  Thanks for any suggestions here, its nothing urgent, just fueling my obsession.   Wink

Topic Name: Tour Divide race discussion Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 07:59:36 AM
woody

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 07:59:36 AM »

There is this website: http://eatsleepridegreatdivide.com

Should get you close enough to mileage, just move A and B and it will display on the upper left side.
Woody

Topic Name: Tour Divide race discussion Reply #9 on: June 13, 2014, 08:13:01 AM
Angler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2014, 08:13:01 AM »

Bill Peschka ITT came through Ovando, MT yesterday, unfortunately before I got in at 2 to get his photo taken for posting.  Said that there is a lot of snow before Seeley for the south bounders. Sounds like he was in good spirits and good condition.

Topic Name: Tour Divide race discussion Reply #10 on: June 13, 2014, 09:15:14 AM
Pollyhound

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2014, 09:15:14 AM »

Very best of luck to all racers, may the wind be on your backs. Keep safe. Good watching to all the dot watchers!

Topic Name: Tour Divide race discussion Reply #11 on: June 13, 2014, 09:40:52 AM
Pussywhipped

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2014, 09:40:52 AM »

so who will be participating in Cjell Money's La Manga challenge this year?

Topic Name: Tour Divide race discussion Reply #12 on: June 13, 2014, 10:34:44 AM
mikepro

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2014, 10:34:44 AM »

Wow, that's a lot of riders along Spray Lake Res!  I like this time of year.  It's a full and busy race, with Northbound racers, the Southbound peloton, and ITT efforts spread up and down the divide.  Good to see that the Spray River crossing didn't give the Southbound peloton any problems, as most everyone is well past that point as of this post.  Early front runners are veterans Jefe B and Alex H, as expected (at least as I expected).  Perhaps an early indication of the tete-a-tete to come?

Shout out to Alice D, from Bend, OR, on the singlespeed.  Get after it, Alice!

Topic Name: Tour Divide race discussion Reply #13 on: June 13, 2014, 12:06:22 PM
dbbcpa

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2014, 12:06:22 PM »

Where do we go to follow the race in progress? Where I went last year only has 2013 info. Thx

Topic Name: Tour Divide race discussion Reply #14 on: June 13, 2014, 12:11:12 PM
mikepro

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2014, 12:11:12 PM »

http://trackleaders.com/tourdivide14

Topic Name: Tour Divide race discussion Reply #15 on: June 13, 2014, 12:53:34 PM
mikepro

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2014, 12:53:34 PM »

Ah yes, the yearly "do I take the paved bike path through the campgrounds and picnic areas or stay on the road" is going on in Kananaskis Trail country.  Both are valid options, I believe.  I found the paved bike path to be really neat and a welcome change after the wide open Smith-Dorien road.

Topic Name: Tour Divide race discussion Reply #16 on: June 13, 2014, 01:18:06 PM
mikepro

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2014, 01:18:06 PM »

Must not be any snow on Elk Pass, 'cuz the first peeps cruised right over that puppy.  ETA Elkford in under 8hrs, perhaps?  Oh, and hey, it's a bikepacker's party at the Bolton Creek store (mile 60)!

Topic Name: Tour Divide race discussion Reply #17 on: June 13, 2014, 02:28:09 PM
dp

Health Coach. Hope Dealer. Mountain Bike Junkie.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2014, 02:28:09 PM »

So it begins!  I'll be glued to the blue dots for the next few weeks.

"Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race."  - H. G. Wells
www.davidjamesphillips.com
www.davidjamesphillips.blogspot.com

Topic Name: Tour Divide race discussion Reply #18 on: June 13, 2014, 03:12:09 PM
mbeardsl

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2014, 03:12:09 PM »

Fast pace so far out front.  I wasn't able to track very closely last year.  No record due to fire reroutes right so Jay's still holds form his 2012 ITT?  Looks like they're about on that pace, and an hour behind Mike Halls blistering pace from last year.

Topic Name: Tour Divide race discussion Reply #19 on: June 13, 2014, 06:59:29 PM
aarond

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2014, 06:59:29 PM »

Whoops, my spot was turned off in my bag, so no tracking for me.  I made it to elkford at about 7.
  Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 67
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: