Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 46
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #820 on: July 07, 2016, 06:55:26 AM
Flinch

grandpasbikelife.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #820 on: July 07, 2016, 06:55:26 AM »

Any clues on Connor? He's been at Buffalo Valley Ranch for 12 hours?

And once the Race is over, you won't remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won't even be sure whether the Race is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the Race, you won't be the same person who rode in. That's what the Race is all about.

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #821 on: July 07, 2016, 08:05:26 AM
dalerider

View Profile
« Reply #821 on: July 07, 2016, 08:05:26 AM »

Any clues on Connor? He's been at Buffalo Valley Ranch for 12 hours?
it looks like he has had some sort of problem to me also, he's not just at the ranch for 13 hours now, he went back to it after setting off up the road. so its looking like bad news for a close ride with MH. lets hope its not him out

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #822 on: July 07, 2016, 12:34:56 PM
Britt

View Profile
« Reply #822 on: July 07, 2016, 12:34:56 PM »

Congrats Hal. I enjoyed all your call in's. You are "The Man'.

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #823 on: July 07, 2016, 12:52:24 PM
bpeschka

View Profile
« Reply #823 on: July 07, 2016, 12:52:24 PM »

it looks like he has had some sort of problem to me also, he's not just at the ranch for 13 hours now, he went back to it after setting off up the road. so its looking like bad news for a close ride with MH. lets hope its not him out
Or, maybe just not transmitting?

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #824 on: July 07, 2016, 02:08:17 PM
bpeschka

View Profile
« Reply #824 on: July 07, 2016, 02:08:17 PM »

Yea Hal ... he's done!

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #825 on: July 08, 2016, 01:35:46 AM
BanffCrazyLarry

Everyone has an Everest. Every Everest is Special!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #825 on: July 08, 2016, 01:35:46 AM »

UpDate on Connor OLeary's BRAVE attempt to smash Mike Hall's InSane World Record time!!! .

I feel ~ He's not done , yet. Its maybe, come back time later or soon!
Connor ~ When you read this buddy ~ Here's hoping YOU get well .... and a GOOD Solid fast recovery. Wink
We're ALL wishing you well.....because Dude! We're all on the same team. We are lovers of Epic Endurance rides and all that it challenges us to do and become. Wink
*Much joy, satisfaction is found in the joy of making our hearts sing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

here it is...

The WHY? Connor's GPS SPOT is not moving no more.

This is what I found out ~ from a guest Rancher /Owner.
via direct phone call.

Connor rode into the Heart Six Guest Ranch...late last night.
he wanted a place to stay. They were outta cabins. So being a NEW owner,and hearing about there are going to be more and more riders coming through...he STILL wanted to be nice and so gave him the tepee at the back of the property.

Connor hit the Ranch Cafe; he gave him some towels; soap and things so at least he could take a shower.
HE didn't look good he said.

His face, looked swollen and he just didn't look good. probably not; he just bolted and caught Mike Hall's W.R. pace time. + 1hr and a few.

So someone offered to bring him to the hospital as he requested to go to one.
So he said he would like to see his mom and go to the Salt Lake City hospital but pass right by his mom's house before doing so.
So they gave him a ride; allowed him to keep his bike and things right on site.

So THAT is the reason why his GPS SPOT is STILL tracking.

He's already left the area to go to a hospital but before doing so...see his mom; as she was leaving to go somewhere's ? Re: a trip or something. So they went and left the Ranch.

So I Thanked him profusely for being so so nice to one of our TD riders; as I said, there will be MUCH more in the future, I'm sure !
Especially, hearing if you's were so nice to one rider; probably have it within you to be nice to more.  its your way.

he said Thanks!
We're NEW owners,and we try to do our best.
i told him about our race. How nice the riders try to be. And that they are pretty much " DONE IN " at that point from lack off sleep nutrition and who knows what ailments at that point.

So that's it!

Connor's done.
But maybe not!?> ??

Because, he might STILL get well after treatment....and Decide, SCREW this! I'm going back.
Or.
Valiantly, bail out...due to complications beyond his control.

So we will STILL have to wait and see!

For now, THERE IS NO WORLD RECORD OF Mike Hall's being broken.
Mike made a goal. Pursued it on his own terms. And accomplished the task at hand. A VERY brave effort....as it will be for " anyone" to try and break it.  icon_scratch

So, IT STANDS ....and probably WILL stand for a bit, anyways.
There are many more who are competitively minded.

But the TD is an EPIC formidable opponent to be reckoned with.....as are a lot of Epic Endurance rides; with all that it will CAN AND DOES throw at the Endurance Rider.....who, at their core, is trying to make their heats sing; and truly are!~  thumbsup

To tackle such an Epic Endurance Challenge, it is and WILL be like putting yourself in a blender; then it will spit you out STINGING you GOOD before you land anywhere nice. Especially, If your not wise as to what it can dish out.  nono

It WILL always be there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So that's the UpDate as I " just " heard it from the Rancher Owner himself.
There ya go gang!

* Enjoy your ride its personal.jpg (121.68 KB, 900x900 - viewed 1230 times.)

* Makes you wiser.jpg (64.91 KB, 717x960 - viewed 1220 times.)

* Heart Six Ranch BAIL to hospital.jpg (722.98 KB, 1920x1080 - viewed 1215 times.)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 01:50:00 AM by BanffCrazyLarry » Logged

Think of a thought.
(something your shooting for that’s worthy or to do some good)

Now just Imagine.
FEEL THE GLORY?
OF accomplishing the task.

IF YOU CAN FEEL IT.
“YOU CAN DO IT”

NEVER Stop Dreaming.
Always Keep Believing!
You can.
If you think you can.
Never ‘EVER’ Give up!

Enj

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #826 on: July 08, 2016, 06:39:11 AM
mtbcast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #826 on: July 08, 2016, 06:39:11 AM »

#‎TourDivide16‬ Hal Russell called in with his finish call!

http://mtbcast.com/site2/category/td16/

JP - MTBCast.com

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #827 on: July 08, 2016, 08:39:10 AM
WatermelonSugar

View Profile
« Reply #827 on: July 08, 2016, 08:39:10 AM »

As usual some great photos by Eddie Clark over on Mountain Flyer Magazine
http://www.mountainflyermagazine.com/view.php/photos-and-thoughts-from-the-2016-tour-divide.html

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #828 on: July 08, 2016, 08:49:52 AM
Flinch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #828 on: July 08, 2016, 08:49:52 AM »

For those that don't know Hal - he's a great guy, humble and friendly. Hal is the type of rider that is the 'glue' holding the race together. We focus a lot on the winners, and rightly so, yet so many others are out there with a neat story too.

I was proud to have met Hal last year and bump into him along the race. I consider him and 'old guy', as I am a full year younger!

Good on ya Hal!

And once the Race is over, you won't remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won't even be sure whether the Race is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the Race, you won't be the same person who rode in. That's what the Race is all about.

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #829 on: July 08, 2016, 09:43:44 AM
jjmundt

View Profile
« Reply #829 on: July 08, 2016, 09:43:44 AM »

For those that don't know Hal - he's a great guy, humble and friendly. Hal is the type of rider that is the 'glue' holding the race together. We focus a lot on the winners, and rightly so, yet so many others are out there with a neat story too.

I was proud to have met Hal last year and bump into him along the race. I consider him and 'old guy', as I am a full year younger!

Good on ya Hal!

Hal is a real inspiration...so positive all the time and so grateful for the chance to ride and meet people.

Congratulations again!

Mtn: 2015 Surly Krampus Ops
Road: 2012 Cannondale Synapse Carbon

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #830 on: July 08, 2016, 01:35:17 PM
dp

Health Coach. Hope Dealer. Mountain Bike Junkie.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #830 on: July 08, 2016, 01:35:17 PM »

Hearty congratulations to Hal Russell for logging another TD finish. Chapeau sir. You truly are an inspiration.

-dp

"Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race."  - H. G. Wells
www.davidjamesphillips.com
www.davidjamesphillips.blogspot.com

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #831 on: July 08, 2016, 07:10:52 PM
mtbcast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #831 on: July 08, 2016, 07:10:52 PM »

‪#‎TourDivide16‬ Dave Reeck called in from Steamboat to say he is OUT!

JP - MTBCast.com

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #832 on: July 09, 2016, 11:36:14 AM
Sonikphyr

View Profile
« Reply #832 on: July 09, 2016, 11:36:14 AM »

How many times has Hal completed the TD? I hope someone keeps track of that. Hal may have the record for most completions.
I always like Hal's call-ins.

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #833 on: July 09, 2016, 01:29:17 PM
Russ Kipp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #833 on: July 09, 2016, 01:29:17 PM »

Hal is one of the riders we look forward to seeing each year at Montana High Country Lodge near Polaris, MT.  His up beat attitude and smile is contagious!

* Hal Russell.jpg (147.01 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 910 times.)

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #834 on: July 09, 2016, 03:49:50 PM
Russ Kipp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #834 on: July 09, 2016, 03:49:50 PM »

Thanks to all the TD riders that stopped by Montana High Country Lodge near Polaris, MT.  We enjoyed seeing the returning riders and meeting the new riders.  A special thanks to Matthew Lee and Joe Polk for all you guys do to make this event a success each year.  The last NOBO road past our lodge yesterday, so this will be my last post for the 2016 season.  Our lodge will still accommodate riders needing services when passing by on the Great Divide Mountain Bike Trail.  Yeh... It's time to go fishing.

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #835 on: July 09, 2016, 04:53:05 PM
kiwidave

View Profile
« Reply #835 on: July 09, 2016, 04:53:05 PM »

WTF - Guy Martin is claiming a TD finish after skipping Spray Lakes / Brush Mountain / CDT Alternative / not following the route around Fish Lake/Union Pass or Atlantic City, or out of Steamboat, plus others!?! Certainly it is not "proper" and I am surprised no-one else is calling him out on it. #followtheroute. He's clearly relegated and the dot should have changed colour on day 1 when he missed Spray Lakes.

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #836 on: July 09, 2016, 05:42:31 PM
Flinch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #836 on: July 09, 2016, 05:42:31 PM »

WTF - Guy Martin is claiming a TD finish after skipping Spray Lakes / Brush Mountain / CDT Alternative / not following the route around Fish Lake/Union Pass or Atlantic City, or out of Steamboat, plus others!?! Certainly it is not "proper" and I am surprised no-one else is calling him out on it. #followtheroute. He's clearly relegated and the dot should have changed colour on day 1 when he missed Spray Lakes.

Yeh, amen to that. Something not sitting quite right, what with all the special celebrity treatment - just sayin'....

I'm running under a pseudonym next year, perhaps 'Muy Gartin' ? And I demand only brown M&M's and Perrier in my dressing room!

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #837 on: July 09, 2016, 06:39:17 PM
jjmundt

View Profile
« Reply #837 on: July 09, 2016, 06:39:17 PM »

I was wondering which set of maps or GPX route Guy Martin was using?  A route from a previous year?

Mtn: 2015 Surly Krampus Ops
Road: 2012 Cannondale Synapse Carbon

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #838 on: July 09, 2016, 08:00:29 PM
flyboy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #838 on: July 09, 2016, 08:00:29 PM »

Dave, I was channelling Toby Gadd a few times on here and pointing out TS's "excursions" but nobody seemed to care or get it. Cutting the CDT alternate north of Silver City is swapping a massively hard section of trail out for smooth, sweet blacktop. It just ain't right!

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #839 on: July 09, 2016, 08:16:59 PM
Kiwi Pete

aka: Kiwi Pete's Adventures

View Profile WWW
« Reply #839 on: July 09, 2016, 08:16:59 PM »

Sounds like Guy Martin needs to go ride Tour Divide a 2nd time then? to keep you all happy.

icon_scratch

« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 08:47:06 PM by NZPeterG » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 46
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: