Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 46
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #80 on: June 10, 2016, 01:33:26 PM
wedelmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2016, 01:33:26 PM »

I reckon he's just stopped for a quick climb on East End of Rundle Wink

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #81 on: June 10, 2016, 02:58:27 PM
Pirahna

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2016, 02:58:27 PM »

is Guy Martin racing?

Terry Smith riding an ITT?

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #82 on: June 10, 2016, 04:09:56 PM
BrianR

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2016, 04:09:56 PM »

Mike Hall?  Riding with Josh Kato? 

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #83 on: June 10, 2016, 05:54:08 PM
danwiz

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2016, 05:54:08 PM »

Josh's wife posted a facebook update. that she believes that Mike Hall is in first, as far as she knows.  And Josh is in second.  Whether he turned off his Spot or it is malfunctioning is up in the air.....

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #84 on: June 10, 2016, 06:37:23 PM
Flinch

grandpasbikelife.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2016, 06:37:23 PM »

Hey, so what happened with the record pace markers ("ghost of JP", etc.) that we saw the last few years?

Best of luck and fun racers!

Glen

...and am I envious...

And once the Race is over, you won't remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won't even be sure whether the Race is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the Race, you won't be the same person who rode in. That's what the Race is all about.

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #85 on: June 10, 2016, 06:53:43 PM
Briansong

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2016, 06:53:43 PM »

Those Nobo' dudes are doing some miles!! well done.

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #86 on: June 10, 2016, 06:59:08 PM
ewoklake

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2016, 06:59:08 PM »

Hey, so what happened with the record pace markers ("ghost of JP", etc.) that we saw the last few years?

Best of luck and fun racers!

Glen

...and am I envious...

Hey Glen! After some quick research, Josh is running 8min faster this year @ the Elkford Split. Who knows about Phantom Mike Hall though. Ditto on it being a bummer for track leaders not showing the record pace or 15, 20, 25day markers.

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #87 on: June 10, 2016, 07:37:53 PM
mtbcast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2016, 07:37:53 PM »

#TourDivide16 – Dave Reeck called in from the Bolton Creek Trading Post!

http://mtbcast.com/site2/category/td16/

JP - MTBCast.com

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #88 on: June 10, 2016, 07:49:19 PM
HappyWanderer

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2016, 07:49:19 PM »

Hello, this is Valerie Kato. I saw on a facebook post by JD Pauls that Mike Hall was first coming into Elkford.  JD was there and got some photos of the racers.  I am not sure if Mike or Josh is in first at this point. According to JD, Mike was only a few minutes in front.  I know Josh was planning to just ride hard and not look at the tracker so I don't think this will change his race strategy.
 I hope Mike can get his spot going or get a new spot soon if only for us dot watchers.  Anyone thinking of bringing one to him if it turns out it is not a simple matter of restarting?  Maybe something could be worked out, like the spot drop for Lael in her 2nd attempt last year.   For the record, I also liked watching the pacer flags.  
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 01:01:44 AM by HappyWanderer » Logged

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #89 on: June 10, 2016, 08:08:45 PM
mtbcast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2016, 08:08:45 PM »

#TourDivide16 Episode June 10, 2016 – Tour Divide ’16 Day 1!
It’s our Tour Divide Day 1 true-up as we hear from Paul Jackson just before the start and Dave Reeck is stalled with a torn sidewall! We get word also that Mike Hall is first into Elkford with Josh Kato right behind him!

http://mtbcast.com/site2/category/podcasts/

JP - MTBCast.com

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #90 on: June 10, 2016, 08:11:12 PM
threepin

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2016, 08:11:12 PM »

was at red meadow last night, only maybe 100 ft of snow on the whitefish side of the lake none before the pass. last night the first car campers were up at the lake.

not much moisture out of this storm system yet. Should be fast times though yesterday they graded the route between the olney cutoff junction and 2 miles above upper whitefish- could be gooey if it gets real wet

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #91 on: June 10, 2016, 08:26:04 PM
midnite

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2016, 08:26:04 PM »

It would be nice to see a singlespeed category like last year's too. Go Dean!

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #92 on: June 10, 2016, 08:44:04 PM
ScottM
bikepacking.net admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2016, 08:44:04 PM »

Hello, this is Valerie Kato. I saw on a facebook post by JD Pauls that Mike Hall was first coming into Elkford.  He was there and got some photos of the racers.  I am not sure if he or Josh is in first at this point. According to JD, Mike was only a few minutes in front.  I know Josh was planning to just ride hard and not look at the tracker so I don't think this will change his race strategy.
 I hope Mike can get his spot going or get a new spot soon if only for us dot watchers.  Anyone thinking of bringing one to him if it turns out it is not a simple matter of restarting?  Maybe something could be worked out, like the spot drop for Lael in her 2nd attempt last year.   For the record, I also liked watching the pacer flags. 

We have been trying to track Mike down to see what the issue is.  If he needs a new unit, we'll git 'er done.  Or really I should say Matthew will get it done, as you wouldn't believe some of the SPOT hand-offs he has orchestrated over the years.

Thanks for the reminder on the record and pace flags.  We've been so slammed there hasn't been time yet.  Plus, I need to generate some new ones, as both records were smashed last year.

Roger on the SS class request, too.  Thanks guys.  Looking forward to seeing how this rather large crew of brave bikepackers fare on the grand divide!

Author of TopoFusion GPS software.  Co-founder of trackleaders.com - SPOT event tracking.

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #93 on: June 10, 2016, 08:50:21 PM
Hurtin Albertan

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2016, 08:50:21 PM »

Crazy Larry and I followed the SoBo group on the first day, down as far as Elk Pass. Very WET day, very cool...about 34 degrees F  Lots of steady steady rain, and some pretty cold looking racers. During early hours of the race, lead group of about 5 was through Mt. Shark at about 10:35 am. That group included Mike, Josh, Seb and a few others.   .   Lots of pics to come.
Not sure what happened to Mike's SPOT.... but I can confirm that he was well on his way, way beyond the point where it says he was (is) near Canmore.

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #94 on: June 10, 2016, 09:53:49 PM
Banff_Shep

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2016, 09:53:49 PM »

Blue dot fever is kicking in already, I wish Mike's tracker was live though!

It was great to see everyone setting off from Banff this morning, such a great atmosphere! Here's a pic of Josh and Mike about 2km into the ride. No sign of Guy Martin this morning (I did see him walking around Banff earlier in the week), Terry Smith ITT is sounding like a good call!

Hopefully the weather clears up a bit as the riders get closer to the border, looks like things are pointing towards a quick race again this year.

* TD2016-1.jpg (373.13 KB, 800x600 - viewed 2234 times.)

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #95 on: June 10, 2016, 10:12:34 PM
BanffCrazyLarry

Everyone has an Everest. Every Everest is Special!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2016, 10:12:34 PM »

Crazy Larry and I followed the SoBo group on the first day, down as far as Elk Pass. Very WET day, very cool...about 34 degrees F  Lots of steady steady rain, and some pretty cold looking racers. During early hours of the race, lead group of about 5 was through Mt. Shark at about 10:35 am. That group included Mike, Josh, Seb and a few others.   .   Lots of pics to come.
Not sure what happened to Mike's SPOT.... but I can confirm that he was well on his way, way beyond the point where it says he was (is) near Canmore.

We drove out to Mt.Shark immediately after visiting the NEW Tour Divide trail route junction At Spray Lake Damn road. Upon setting up some LOUD Rocky Theme sonig music and some balloons we waited and waited. A group of 5 Leaders to include Mike Hall appeared....riding fast and happy.
 We high fived...and Mike continued on down the road south from Mt. Shark .

What I figure in an educated guess....is that Mike is NOT playing any games but his spot possibly dislodged from its mount on his bike...and someone has returned it possibly to Nordic Centre. As it appears his spot is located some where near THAT location. AND so my educated guess...because it DID  KEEP moving but along the old route.....AND I SAW Mike Hall pass Mt. Shark Go figure!? IT DID HAPPEN>  He's NOT at THE present location of his spot in Canmore.

I wish him and Josh and the lead group Best Wishes for GREAT pushes and ALL the other riders who's Everest is just as special as the 1st place riders. We all have our Everest. It is "Special" NO matter who you are.

So that's my .02 cents.
WHAT A GREAT day of TONS  and TONS of interviews along Smith Dorrien Way Road...and Boulton Grocery store, too! Amazing video'S!  AND GREAT  GREAT Grand Depart STaRT this year. A VERY VERY LOUD rider CHEER ! Wow!  Wow!  Wow!  headbang

Way to go guys and gals !!!! GOOD JOB !!!

Hope you ALL call in. 
And I Hope JOSH'S WIFE can reply to this reply. !   Wink .....as to how Josh and Mike and the boys are doing ! Jackie too! The girl leader at that moment. 

Think of a thought.
(something your shooting for that’s worthy or to do some good)

Now just Imagine.
FEEL THE GLORY?
OF accomplishing the task.

IF YOU CAN FEEL IT.
“YOU CAN DO IT”

NEVER Stop Dreaming.
Always Keep Believing!
You can.
If you think you can.
Never ‘EVER’ Give up!

Enj

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #96 on: June 10, 2016, 11:00:26 PM
MTBRichT

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2016, 11:00:26 PM »

Do you see anyone that you know's bike here:
http://bikepackersmagazine.com/2016-tour-divide-rigs/

Yep, Rob Colliver and his bike are featured.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #97 on: June 10, 2016, 11:38:20 PM
Long Hall

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2016, 11:38:20 PM »

I'm MIke Hall's partner, I'm trying to get news of where he is. I just read someone thought Josh Kato's wife said he was out front? I was hoping he was near Josh at least. He didn't take a phone (no distractions) but it's frustrating that I can't tell him about the tracker, although he must have realised/ know by now? I've spoken to Matt Lee and it's mounted correctly, bit of a mystery what's gone wrong with it so early in the race. Gutted I can't see his dot but encouraging to hear he might be where he planned to be.

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #98 on: June 10, 2016, 11:55:29 PM
THE LONG RANGER

Hi-Ho, Single-Speed, AWAY!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: June 10, 2016, 11:55:29 PM »

I'm looking forward to seeing Chris Plesko's run! He has one of the longest held records: the SS category! I can't wait if it'll get smashed this year! C$ was so close a few years back, but had crap luck at the border.

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2016 - race discussion thread Reply #99 on: June 11, 2016, 01:27:18 AM
Adam Alphabet

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2016, 01:27:18 AM »

I'm looking forward to seeing Chris Plesko's run! He has one of the longest held records: the SS category! I can't wait if it'll get smashed this year! C$ was so close a few years back, but had crap luck at the border.

+1 Super stoked on this!

@adamalphabet
  Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 46
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: