Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 97
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #80 on: June 15, 2013, 05:33:53 AM
pro_out

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2013, 05:33:53 AM »

Billy Rice is going to have a busy day today dodging south bound bullets.

Lone Wolf

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #81 on: June 15, 2013, 06:36:55 AM
elobeck

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2013, 06:36:55 AM »

For a Canadian Craig sure can't wait to get out of Canada.......
Flames coming off those tires......

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #82 on: June 15, 2013, 07:09:43 AM
mtbcast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2013, 07:09:43 AM »

Overnight: Alex Harris called in from Sparwood! Karlos Bernart called in from Elkford. He’s having bag issues and having to re-arrange his gear. Nick Legan called in from Sparwood with Jason Gaikowski. Eric Foster called in from Sparwood. He’s doing well but having to adjust his pace. Steven Martine called in from Elkford. Scott Thigpen called in from Sparwood. He’s splitting a room with Ryan Sigsbey, Scott McConnell, and Kevin Campagna. And Drew McIntosh called in from Elford.
http://mtbcast.com/site2/category/td13/

JP - MTBCast.com

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #83 on: June 15, 2013, 07:52:37 AM
mtbcast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2013, 07:52:37 AM »

This morning: Mike Hall called in from Port of Roosville with Craig Stappler! Making the border just shy of 24hrs! Rich Otterstrom called in leaving Elkford this morning. This call breaks up a bit. Bruce Giroux called in from Silver City. Josh Smith called in from Sparwood. Ed Turkaly and Joseph Holway called in from Sparwood. And Billy Rice called in after crossing into Canada.

JP - MTBCast.com

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #84 on: June 15, 2013, 08:17:53 AM
gramma

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2013, 08:17:53 AM »

Way to go Craig
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 10:43:28 PM by gramma » Logged

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #85 on: June 15, 2013, 08:24:24 AM
ScottM
bikepacking.net admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2013, 08:24:24 AM »

Now THAT is a kick-ass piece of programming!  Very nice indeed!  Not only men's record pace, but women's as well.  

Thanks!  I think it's a fun way to compare the records to everyone.  We're loving it here at TL HQ.  I just changed the record icons to quoteboxes to make them stand out a little more on the map.

Kristen Arnold has 19 days listed for her EST finish time (record pace).  Currently she is behind the ZOOOM EH dot, though.

No tent icon for Stappy and Hall -- that's a bold move for the start of a grand tour.  They have a solid lead on JP's dot -- stationary for now since he didn't log a point for a while to the border.

I also added a dropdown by the raceflow to show different plots per category.  Look at our 3 Triple Crown racers -- all very close!

Author of TopoFusion GPS software.  Co-founder of trackleaders.com - SPOT event tracking.

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #86 on: June 15, 2013, 08:46:39 AM
schillingsworth

DFL>DNF>DNS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2013, 08:46:39 AM »

Sucked in once again!! Scott, very cool map layer. Looks like Craig has another riding buddy this year, just flyin' out there. Last year someone posted up this cool vectorized wind map of the U.S. Check it out here. Gives a neat perspective on what the racers may be dealing with.

http://schillingsworth.blogspot.com/
I ride the crappy trails so you don't have to.

Ultra Endurance Profile Posters & More...:
Posters, T-Shirts, etc

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #87 on: June 15, 2013, 09:25:29 AM
salsola

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2013, 09:25:29 AM »

Cjell Money's pace has slowed considerably this morning....  Early season Gila muck??

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #88 on: June 15, 2013, 10:13:17 AM
fastmtnbiker33w

Nuclear Sunrise Stitchworks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2013, 10:13:17 AM »

Cjell should have gotten through the portion that would have been seriously affected by a hard rain...the dirt roads north of Separ.....which Lindsay appears to be exiting soon.  Cjell made it around Signal Peak yesterday evening, once on that portion, it should be smooth sailing as the trails up there were ridiculously dry.  Any water that hits them will only make them better.  If he does get in any muck, he's screwed.  He has maybe a centimeter of fork clearance on his Knards.  If he can stay out of the muck, I give him another day and a half before he catches Dan Sweeney....who is also rolling a full Nuke Sunrise kit.

* cjell's front end.jpg (436.3 KB, 1160x703 - viewed 860 times.)

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #89 on: June 15, 2013, 10:16:54 AM
mikepro

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2013, 10:16:54 AM »

This morning: Mike Hall called in from Port of Roosville with Craig Stappler! Making the border just shy of 24hrs!

Just as I imagined ... the 2 leaders bedded down at the cabin and then when some chasers showed up in the wee hours of the morning, they bolted for the border.  Not only the leaders, but EVERYONE seems to be torchin' it at the start.  Looked at some data points, and just LOADS of riders started riding at 3am/4am/5am this morning.  To me, it's clear that there are just way more riders pushing limits this time around, and not in a tame fashion either.  The good weather and no snow is definitely a factor supporting the Mach pace ... but I swear I can almost feel the urgency of the racing this year.  Time will tell, as far as how many can sustain the pace.  Noticed a couple riders dropped already.  And, for riding in some hot weather on SS through the Gila, CM is not doing that bad either.  I'm guessing his pace maybe slowed 'cuz of the Gila climbs on a SS.  Other NoBo's not far behind.  Get after it people!

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #90 on: June 15, 2013, 10:28:11 AM
jryter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2013, 10:28:11 AM »

Impressive looking at Eszter's pink dot from last year as she is still ahead of quite a few and she had hiked for 10mi? of snow and mud by this point.

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #91 on: June 15, 2013, 10:29:18 AM
mikepro

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2013, 10:29:18 AM »

I also added a dropdown by the raceflow to show different plots per category.  Look at our 3 Triple Crown racers -- all very close!

And another big thank you for this parsing of data!  Love how the Triple Crown race flow chart clearly shows difference in strategy - i.e. when to stop and how long to stop.  EF and MM push past Sparwood for an hour or so, and FB having stopped in Sparwood gets up an hour earlier this morning.  All 3 rested about the same duration, and now they are "side-by-side" climbing Cabin Pass.  I can just imagine the conversation out there ... if there is one.

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #92 on: June 15, 2013, 10:29:50 AM
fastmtnbiker33w

Nuclear Sunrise Stitchworks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2013, 10:29:50 AM »

I think Cjell dropped down to a 32x18 while he was hanging out in Silver City last week.  That's a tall gear with the Knard.  He said it was a big debate for him as he prefers to spin, but figured he'd lose too much time on all the road stuff.  Despite the massive wheels, his setup was still quite a bit lighter than most of the other rigs at Antelope Wells.  There's nothing too steep to walk, so maybe it will all work out for him.

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #93 on: June 15, 2013, 11:40:12 AM
dp

Health Coach. Hope Dealer. Mountain Bike Junkie.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2013, 11:40:12 AM »

I swear I can almost feel the urgency of the racing this year.  Time will tell, as far as how many can sustain the pace.
Seems like a very fast start.  Time will tell.  Who knows what could happen?  Bears.  Giardia.  Faulty pedals.  Still anybody's race.

"Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race."  - H. G. Wells
www.davidjamesphillips.com
www.davidjamesphillips.blogspot.com

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #94 on: June 15, 2013, 01:32:40 PM
pro_out

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 15, 2013, 01:32:40 PM »

Seems as if Chris Arndt missed the connecter single track, thats gotta suck.

Lone Wolf

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #95 on: June 15, 2013, 01:54:07 PM
the tortoise

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2013, 01:54:07 PM »

I think that they should throw out the results this year. Not enough rain and snow to justify a true Tour Divide! I know some riders from last year and their pace is way ahead of where they were last year. I guess we need to drag out the snow machines!

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #96 on: June 15, 2013, 01:56:53 PM
jryter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2013, 01:56:53 PM »

I think that they should throw out the results this year. Not enough rain and snow to justify a true Tour Divide! I know some riders from last year and their pace is way ahead of where they were last year. I guess we need to drag out the snow machines!
Ha. Ah the hands of fate! Not only the hiking in the snow but the wet everything, the bike problems, the sore ankles... But at least it didn't rain down south like some years!

Jarral

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #97 on: June 15, 2013, 02:01:59 PM
Jilleo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2013, 02:01:59 PM »

There's still a lot of time for the weather to gain the upper hand. Rain in NM is so much worse than snow in MT.

Every day is an adventure http://arcticglass.blogspot.com

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #98 on: June 15, 2013, 02:31:52 PM
2wheeler

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2013, 02:31:52 PM »

Thanks!  I think it's a fun way to compare the records to everyone.  We're loving it here at TL HQ.  I just changed the record icons to quoteboxes to make them stand out a little more on the map.

Kristen Arnold has 19 days listed for her EST finish time (record pace).  Currently she is behind the ZOOOM EH dot, though.

No tent icon for Stappy and Hall -- that's a bold move for the start of a grand tour.  They have a solid lead on JP's dot -- stationary for now since he didn't log a point for a while to the border.

I also added a dropdown by the raceflow to show different plots per category.  Look at our 3 Triple Crown racers -- all very close!

A really nice addition, Thanks.

Any chance of having the miles travelled as part of the pop up for the past record times?

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #99 on: June 15, 2013, 02:34:22 PM
mtbcast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2013, 02:34:22 PM »

Matthew Liggett called in from Sparwood! Richard Costello called in from Sparwood. Rich Otterstrom called in from Sparwood where he’s happy to be warm after a cold morning. Karlos Bernart , The Naked Indian, called in from Sparwood. Brian Jett called in from Sparwood where he’s going to rest and ice a knee that’s giving him problems. Dan Sweeney called in from Grants. He sends thanks to those helping with the fires near his home! Mauro Nappolini called in from Sparwood. He’s pushing on to catch Scott Thigpen! And Joshua Weinfeld called in from Cuba. Other than dodging cows, he’s doing good.

JP - MTBCast.com
  Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 97
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: