Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 128
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: TD'12 Race Discussion Reply #2000 on: July 01, 2012, 11:58:24 AM
cc4005

View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: July 01, 2012, 11:58:24 AM »

Just got to listen to Serge's call. Beautiful, and very inspiring!

This guy is all class!

Could not agree more.

Topic Name: TD'12 Race Discussion Reply #2001 on: July 01, 2012, 12:58:35 PM
Eszter

View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: July 01, 2012, 12:58:35 PM »

Woohoo! Skinny Aaron from Salida is bouncing!  Woot woot!

Topic Name: TD'12 Race Discussion Reply #2002 on: July 01, 2012, 01:13:41 PM
12wheels

Bolder Bikepacking Gear

View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: July 01, 2012, 01:13:41 PM »

The Long Ranger, aka Justin Simoni, just finished.   23:5:29 on a singlespeed.  Very impressive performance by the masked man.

Topic Name: TD'12 Race Discussion Reply #2003 on: July 01, 2012, 01:43:09 PM
RootingforEveryone

View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: July 01, 2012, 01:43:09 PM »

It was mentioned that I should change my name (Denis) since I've been "rooting for everyone", so... :-) There are times when I actually follow suggestions... (not too often, though!)

Congratulations to those who have finished in the last couple of days. Seriously do not know how you did it (as Momma Nature is kicking my rear here in Kansas City with 100+ degree weather & I haven't even been on a bike out in it!!!) - you are all amazing!!

To everyone who calls in - Thank you!! You give those of us who are 'spot stalking' just another touch of the emotional journey. Very much appreciated!!!

Tracy Burge: Looks like you've found a riding partner (Jim Stansbury) (from the phone in). Be safe & keep the conversations going (from her blog)!! Jim: If Tracy starts arguing with herself instead of just conversing with herself, you may want to interrupt her to get her back on track... :-)

Eric F., Craig, Eszter, Cjell, this year's other finishers that I missed, and other previous year's riders: Thanks for informing those of us 'spot stalkers' and giving information for anyone deciding to ride in the future. While I am not counted among those who will ride, I enjoy reading the posts & appreciate the fact that you all are willing to share information!!

Eszter: Keep singing!!

Cjell: Not sure how you've kept your mom from knowing about 420 for so long - especially with your blog!! Can't wait to see what you post regarding this ride!

Again, everyone who has a part in this 'ride' is amazing!! Thank you!!!

Topic Name: TD'12 Race Discussion Reply #2004 on: July 01, 2012, 02:02:34 PM
moosevt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2004 on: July 01, 2012, 02:02:34 PM »

another Waltworks customer. Awesome!

Topic Name: TD'12 Race Discussion Reply #2005 on: July 01, 2012, 04:05:27 PM
CathyP

View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: July 01, 2012, 04:05:27 PM »

Gee whiz...seems like the month of June completely got away from me and I missed a whole lot of TD action.  Checking in here for the first time this year.  Last year I was following my brother JP Evans from TX and my sister's significant other Tom Sap from Belgium.  I don't ride myself but I got vicariously hooked on the whole experience, particularly the neck-and-neck performances by Jefe and Kurt, call-ins from Dejay and Justin theArtist, and Tori's blog posts.  I'm thrilled to see that Justin rode again - and so well - without terminal damage to himself or his bike this time.  Delighted to see a great finish by Georg whose insightful posts I remember from this board last year.  Blown away by the performance of Kurt and Caroline on the tandem.  Excited to see Tori back for an encore on her own timetable. Can't think of any others right now although I saw many other familiar names.  Kudos to everyone who has finished as well as to those who could not, and Godspeed to everyone still en route!

Couldn't read enough posts to find out whether Crazy Larry got his bike back or if there was/is a collection going on...I'd like to help out if needed.

Topic Name: TD'12 Race Discussion Reply #2006 on: July 01, 2012, 04:15:22 PM
mtbcast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2006 on: July 01, 2012, 04:15:22 PM »

Calls: Michael Intrabartola called in from the finish and to recap his last couple of days. And Dan Haskin called in from Silverthorne. He recaps a great day of riding.

JP - MTBCast.com

Topic Name: TD'12 Race Discussion Reply #2007 on: July 01, 2012, 05:33:45 PM
Pajo 1

View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: July 01, 2012, 05:33:45 PM »

Dave Meissner......you are awesome, well done and can't wait to see u. (his trackerq still seems to be on and dropping him down the pecking order. I know he finished just after midnight last night) pretty sure he was 20th, outside of that well done Dave and another life's ambition achieved. Sean .
 icon_biggrin

Topic Name: TD'12 Race Discussion Reply #2008 on: July 01, 2012, 06:18:40 PM
moosevt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2008 on: July 01, 2012, 06:18:40 PM »

Gee whiz...seems like the month of June completely got away from me and I missed a whole lot of TD action.  Checking in here for the first time this year.  Last year I was following my brother JP Evans from TX and my sister's significant other Tom Sap from Belgium.  I don't ride myself but I got vicariously hooked on the whole experience, particularly the neck-and-neck performances by Jefe and Kurt, call-ins from Dejay and Justin theArtist, and Tori's blog posts.  I'm thrilled to see that Justin rode again - and so well - without terminal damage to himself or his bike this time.  Delighted to see a great finish by Georg whose insightful posts I remember from this board last year.  Blown away by the performance of Kurt and Caroline on the tandem.  Excited to see Tori back for an encore on her own timetable. Can't think of any others right now although I saw many other familiar names.  Kudos to everyone who has finished as well as to those who could not, and Godspeed to everyone still en route!

Couldn't read enough posts to find out whether Crazy Larry got his bike back or if there was/is a collection going on...I'd like to help out if needed.

Cathy, I just typed this whole big thing and lost it.

Crazy Larry did find his bike.

I also was saying that I met your sister, Gail, and Tom. They did a bike tour in Vermont and they parked at my house. Great people and it was awesome to hear about their experiences. I'm doing TD next year. Can't wait.

Wil

Topic Name: TD'12 Race Discussion Reply #2009 on: July 01, 2012, 06:58:30 PM
fahrenbd

View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: July 01, 2012, 06:58:30 PM »

Congratulations to all those that have finished this huge race!!  Whether men or women (although I have to say I am totally blown away by the great women in this year's ride!!), it has been great fun to watch everyone as their blue dot keeps going, and what a hard thing to watch when it is the person you are watching, their blue dot doesn't work.  Our son, Tyson Fahrenbruck's was not working for 3 days and they were long days for us at home.  He is tracking well now and it has been an experience to see how far he has come.  He said he has met the best people all along the route and has been enjoying riding with many of them.

He stayed in the doll house from the TD movie that Mary stayed in and said he was grateful for the roof over his head as it was pouring rain:-)

Good luck to everyone riding tomorrow, hope all goes well and that the ride can continue and not be closed due to the awful fires everywhere.

Oh, I have to tell you a funny story.  I have been so inspired by Tyson, that I took my bike in (haven't ridden in about 5 years and then only a tiny bit)  got the bike back yesterday all spruced up and air in the tires, all oiled and ready to go~~~~~~took me 20 minutes to get it into the back of my Sequoia, I had to rest 2 times, LOL, so now I know that doing the TD at my age is not something that will happen.  But my heart is there!!

Diana

Topic Name: TD'12 Race Discussion Reply #2010 on: July 01, 2012, 07:09:02 PM
rhino-x

View Profile
« Reply #2010 on: July 01, 2012, 07:09:02 PM »

Anyone studied the race enough to answer this question.

How many nights did Ollie camp or stay in a hotel?

Topic Name: TD'12 Race Discussion Reply #2011 on: July 01, 2012, 07:17:07 PM
CathyP

View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: July 01, 2012, 07:17:07 PM »

Cathy, I just typed this whole big thing and lost it.

Crazy Larry did find his bike.

I also was saying that I met your sister, Gail, and Tom. They did a bike tour in Vermont and they parked at my house. Great people and it was awesome to hear about their experiences. I'm doing TD next year. Can't wait.

Wil

I remember you from this board last summer!  So cool that you met Gail and Tom. Thanks for the update on Crazy Larry's bike (and to brother JP who sent me a separate message).

Topic Name: TD'12 Race Discussion Reply #2012 on: July 01, 2012, 07:28:56 PM
febikes

Custom steel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2012 on: July 01, 2012, 07:28:56 PM »

Congratulations to the Long Ranger on a great finish!

It was a lot of fun to meet with him in Banff.

http://febikes.com
Custom steel bicycles frames built in Raleigh, NC.

Topic Name: TD'12 Race Discussion Reply #2013 on: July 01, 2012, 09:23:38 PM
Groundshine

View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: July 01, 2012, 09:23:38 PM »

Calls: Serge Chiasson called in to recap his finish!

Joe Polk... I don't know how you were able to transcribe all MTBCast calls back in the day!  I thought I'd give it a try with Serge Chiasson's final call.  He did a great job illustrating what makes the Tour Divide so special and I appreciated his appreciation of the 2010 TD'ers.

MTBCAST: TD12 - Serge Chiasson called in with a final call:

Hello everyone, this is Serge phoning, this will be my final call.  I’m just calling for thank-you’s and acknowledgements and final thoughts about the route. 

It seems like such a long time ago I was sitting on the start line in Banff with tears in my eyes happy to finally begin the adventure of a life time. It was an incredibly tough ride, I have much respect for riders who take longer to do it, it is probably a lot harder to go slower than fast, spending more days and nights out there.
Everyone who had to scratch, be proud of yourselves for taking on the challenge.  The true life changing event of the Tour happens when we decide to commit to this huge adventure where failure is a greater possibility than success.  Not many people in the world would take on a risk like that.

Thank you Matthew Lee and TrackLeaders and everyone involved for making this happen. This might be the greatest sporting event in the world and it certainly is the most beautiful bike race in the world.  Participating in this was a dream come true. Henry Desgrange, the founder of the Tour de France would  love this race; except he would have crowned Dave Nice champion because he is the only one using a fixed gear.  Big thank you to my family and friends and the community of Ferne. Ferne is mountain bike heaven where everyone understood the need to take on such an adventure.  I received a lot of kind and overwhelming gestures of encouragement before I left and it really was a big push in the back. I realize in those last few miles to the border that most of you believe in me more than I did myself.  And this really means a lot to me. I would not be the cyclist or the person that I am if I were not surrounded by all of you.

Special thanks to Paul Attalla I would never have made it to Banff with out you.    Straight Line Bicycle and Ski, my bike worked perfectly the whole time.

And I am sure it has been mentioned a lot by other riders, but the one key ingredient required to complete this ride is definitely the kindness that is found everywhere on this route.  It’s absolutely overwhelming. It’s everywhere and this ride would not be possible without it.    This is a ride through the heart of America and it is beautiful and its people are beautiful.

Finally, my heart goes out to all the riders in the 2010 Tour Divide.  I thought of Dave (Blumenthal) a lot out there.  I can only imagine how hard it must have been to keep riding; it was very courageous, and I am sure that is what Dave would have wanted. 

This is Serge … signing out for the final time from the 2012 Tour Divide. …what a ride… thanks everyone. Bye.

Topic Name: TD'12 Race Discussion Reply #2014 on: July 01, 2012, 11:18:37 PM
schillingsworth

DFL>DNF>DNS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2014 on: July 01, 2012, 11:18:37 PM »

Serge's final call was very heartfelt & powerful, what a humble man. It conveys the true spirit of the Tour Divide, well done Serge. Class act all the way.

As of right now, 11:15p AZ time, we have 3 riders making the final push over the last 40 miles or so to AW, Erik G, Tracey P, and Mad Max!!! Go Max GO!! I hope Scott has you penciled in for a nice post-ride interview in the coming days.

http://schillingsworth.blogspot.com/
I ride the crappy trails so you don't have to.

Ultra Endurance Profile Posters & More...:
Posters, T-Shirts, etc

Topic Name: TD'12 Race Discussion Reply #2015 on: July 02, 2012, 12:54:13 AM
phil_rad

View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: July 02, 2012, 12:54:13 AM »

Right on Aaron! Congrats!
Phil

Topic Name: TD'12 Race Discussion Reply #2016 on: July 02, 2012, 03:23:33 AM
moosevt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2016 on: July 02, 2012, 03:23:33 AM »

Joe Polk... I don't know how you were able to transcribe all MTBCast calls back in the day!  I thought I'd give it a try with Serge Chiasson's final call.  He did a great job illustrating what makes the Tour Divide so special and I appreciated his appreciation of the 2010 TD'ers.

MTBCAST: TD12 - Serge Chiasson called in with a final call:

Hello everyone, this is Serge phoning, this will be my final call.  I’m just calling for thank-you’s and acknowledgements and final thoughts about the route. 

It seems like such a long time ago I was sitting on the start line in Banff with tears in my eyes happy to finally begin the adventure of a life time. It was an incredibly tough ride, I have much respect for riders who take longer to do it, it is probably a lot harder to go slower than fast, spending more days and nights out there.
Everyone who had to scratch, be proud of yourselves for taking on the challenge.  The true life changing event of the Tour happens when we decide to commit to this huge adventure where failure is a greater possibility than success.  Not many people in the world would take on a risk like that.

Thank you Matthew Lee and TrackLeaders and everyone involved for making this happen. This might be the greatest sporting event in the world and it certainly is the most beautiful bike race in the world.  Participating in this was a dream come true. Henry Desgrange, the founder of the Tour de France would  love this race; except he would have crowned Dave Nice champion because he is the only one using a fixed gear.  Big thank you to my family and friends and the community of Ferne. Ferne is mountain bike heaven where everyone understood the need to take on such an adventure.  I received a lot of kind and overwhelming gestures of encouragement before I left and it really was a big push in the back. I realize in those last few miles to the border that most of you believe in me more than I did myself.  And this really means a lot to me. I would not be the cyclist or the person that I am if I were not surrounded by all of you.

Special thanks to Paul Attalla I would never have made it to Banff with out you.    Straight Line Bicycle and Ski, my bike worked perfectly the whole time.

And I am sure it has been mentioned a lot by other riders, but the one key ingredient required to complete this ride is definitely the kindness that is found everywhere on this route.  It’s absolutely overwhelming. It’s everywhere and this ride would not be possible without it.    This is a ride through the heart of America and it is beautiful and its people are beautiful.

Finally, my heart goes out to all the riders in the 2010 Tour Divide.  I thought of Dave (Blumenthal) a lot out there.  I can only imagine how hard it must have been to keep riding; it was very courageous, and I am sure that is what Dave would have wanted. 

This is Serge … signing out for the final time from the 2012 Tour Divide. …what a ride… thanks everyone. Bye.

Nice to hear you chime in Dave. I also felt it warm hearted with Serge's call in. I think in some fashion, the '10 TD should be put on record (even though it had re-routes) in some capacity to do nothing more than show that it did happen. I don't like that "it didn't exist" feeling I get. It is also hard to piece together what happened when and who was there. Hope you get out there again some day.

Wil

Topic Name: TD'12 Race Discussion Reply #2017 on: July 02, 2012, 03:31:10 AM
moosevt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2017 on: July 02, 2012, 03:31:10 AM »

Nice to hear you chime in Dave. I also felt it warm hearted with Serge's call in. I think in some fashion, the '10 TD should be put on record (even though it had re-routes) in some capacity to do nothing more than show that it did happen. I don't like that "it didn't exist" feeling I get. It is also hard to piece together what happened when and who was there. Hope you get out there again some day.

Wil

*edit: I was mixing 2010 with 2011 on the results. My thoughts are all over the place.

Topic Name: TD'12 Race Discussion Reply #2018 on: July 02, 2012, 06:02:03 AM
hikernks

Got Gravel?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2018 on: July 02, 2012, 06:02:03 AM »

Tracey Petervary just finished!  Awesome job!  The women are mopping up in this thing!!  The finish rate for the women is incredibly high.

"Man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind, and a step that travels unlimited roads." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged.

http://dingo41.wordpress.com

Topic Name: TD'12 Race Discussion Reply #2019 on: July 02, 2012, 06:18:53 PM
mgasman

View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: July 02, 2012, 06:18:53 PM »

This thread and site seem to be back after an all day absence.  The Trackleaders page also.  Seems to be a result of a change in the servers.  Great to be back seeing things.  Hopefully Trackleaders will soon follow!
  Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 128
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: