Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Ovando in a commercial on: April 16, 2019, 09:17:00 AM
bakerjw

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2019, 09:17:00 AM »

Kind of off topic for the forum but I had to share it with people who might appreciate it.

During the NHL playoffs this year, the Montana Deprtment of Tourism is running ads promoting Montana. One of them is cycling focused and shows the center of Ovando. I saw it and exclaimed to my wife, "That's Ovando!" When it airs, I still tell her to "Look" and she says, "Yeah, I know. It's Ovando."

The commercial on TV has a shot from inside of the Blackfoot Fly Shop, I believe.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/Ii36/visit-montana-bike-ride

Topic Name: Ovando in a commercial Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 07:16:43 AM
jjmundt

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 07:16:43 AM »

By the way, I saw that same commercial just a week or two ago.  I can't remember what we were watching...oh, we had recorded something and I was zipping through the ads, saw the word "Montana" and re-wound to watch it.  I recognized Ovando right away from all the TD photos posted here, even though I've never been...yet.  Funny, I turned to my wife and did the same thing.  When she asked about the significance, I told her the lineage with the TD...she kind of smirked. Smiley

She knows it's calling me... Cheesy

Regards,
Joel

Mtn: 2015 Surly Krampus Ops
Road: 2012 Cannondale Synapse Carbon

Topic Name: Ovando in a commercial Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 09:53:16 AM
Angler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 09:53:16 AM »

Signing in to BP.net for the first time this year in anticipation of this years race and saw this thread.

Thank you so much for mentioning it.  It actually surprised us.  We saw folks filming but never expected to be in an official visit Montana commercial.  When I saw it being played during the NHL playoffs I knew we had made it.  HA!

We believe we were featured [altho un-named] as we received the 2018 Montana Community of the Year in tourism and recreation.  All due to cyclist such as yourself nominating us.  We are going to milk that for EVER!  lol.

Topic Name: Ovando in a commercial Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 10:59:46 AM
jjmundt

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 10:59:46 AM »

Signing in to BP.net for the first time this year in anticipation of this years race and saw this thread.

Thank you so much for mentioning it.  It actually surprised us.  We saw folks filming but never expected to be in an official visit Montana commercial.  When I saw it being played during the NHL playoffs I knew we had made it.  HA!

We believe we were featured [altho un-named] as we received the 2018 Montana Community of the Year in tourism and recreation.  All due to cyclist such as yourself nominating us.  We are going to milk that for EVER!  lol.

Based on your reputation, it's well-deserved.  Thanks so much for contributing to the award, to the TD, and for posting so many photos to this site.  I, as one of many, really appreciate it.  We actually planned on coming to the area in 2017, but circumstances prevented it.

Regards,
Joel

Mtn: 2015 Surly Krampus Ops
Road: 2012 Cannondale Synapse Carbon

Topic Name: Ovando in a commercial Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 07:59:16 PM
bakerjw

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 07:59:16 PM »

Last year, I finally made it to Ovando. After 3 years, I rolled in and was thrilled to be there. Albeit, we did a lot of road riding as my son crashed coming off Galton Pass and we had to limp to Helena.
I finally got to stop by the fly shop. Living in N.E. Tennessee, we have some good trout fishing here but I don't fly fish too much. BUT... You had some trout spoons. I do run downriggers on our mountain lakes for lakers. So I bought some from you.
Needless to say, Ovando is one of the greatest places to see in Montana. IMHO.

Topic Name: Ovando in a commercial Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 08:45:46 PM
Angler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 08:45:46 PM »

Thank you all for your comments.  You do not know how much I enjoy reading this and knowing that all of our hard work to make you and all fellow travelers feel welcomed is maybe working and has not gone unnoticed.  
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: