Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: John Edward O'Malley [Mr. Sunshine] 2022 Tour Divide Rider on: July 17, 2022, 08:29:00 PM
Longtrailahead

View Profile WWW
« on: July 17, 2022, 08:29:00 PM »

I was saddened to learn yesterday via DM that a very dear friend [John Edward O'Malley] had been involved in a hit and run incident whilst participating in the 2022 Tour Divide. JE was fast approaching the final leg and was eagerly looking forward to reaching Antelope Wells to close things out. Initially, I received word with only basic information such as what happened and where [he] was flown to post being located. There were several tense moments until a call was received from an immediate family member with all the details that were available at the time. Though the news has been encouraging regarding John Edward's condition medically, there is still much recovery that needs to take place.

I ask that you kindly keep John Edward in your thoughts.

Best,

Richard S. Costello [The Lorax]
Class of 2013 Tour Divide
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 08:37:02 PM by Longtrailahead » Logged

Topic Name: John Edward O'Malley [Mr. Sunshine] 2022 Tour Divide Rider Reply #1 on: July 23, 2022, 07:51:08 AM
ScottM
bikepacking.net admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2022, 07:51:08 AM »

We were very saddened to hear this.  I always enjoy the email conversations with him.

Hopefully we will continue to hear positive reports.

Author of TopoFusion GPS software.  Co-founder of trackleaders.com - SPOT event tracking.
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: