Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: New Event: The Velorution Venture on: August 01, 2015, 07:48:21 PM
joeydurango

View Profile WWW
« on: August 01, 2015, 07:48:21 PM »

Hey all - In between repairs, helping folks on the floor, building bikes, doing taxes, cleaning, and all the other stuff that comes with being a one-man bike shop show, I've been cooking up a new event.  Although it's been on the BP.net and VC calendars for a little while, the Velorution Venture is now officially on and open for registration.  The Venture is a free, self-supported bikepacking race, part of the Colorado Endurance Series, and will begin September 5 (Labor Day weekend, extra day off!).  Thanks to our friend Hunter Knox, we have a GPX file for the route; thanks to Matt at the CES we have a waiver to keep us from getting sued when someone gets eaten by a bear or falls off a cliff.   thumbsup

Seriously, though, the Venture should be awesome.  I put together a route that takes in a bunch of trail and dirt road that isn't often ridden, looping from Durango around the Lizard Head Wilderness and back.  It's about 220 miles, with 37,000 feet of climbing; the climbing and surfaces out there make it like a mini-CTR.  I expect we'll only have a few people for the inaugural event.  I'm hoping I'll have time/fitness to do it myself!

But enough from me.  All the information you could want is on the Venture page, here: www.velorutioncycles.com/venture

Start prepping!   headbang

* venturemap.jpg (205.15 KB, 750x563 - viewed 412 times.)

BEDROCK BAGS - Hand crafted, rock solid, made in the USA.  Established 2012.
www.bedrockbags.com

Ever since I began riding singlespeed my life has been on a path of self-destruction.

Topic Name: New Event: The Velorution Venture Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 09:16:46 AM
GrizzlyAdam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 09:16:46 AM »

Looks great! Just might be the cure for my "Didn't-do-the-CTR-this-year" regret.

Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: