Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: CTR 2012 Race Discussion Reply #60 on: July 31, 2012, 07:50:00 AM
ScottM
bikepacking.net admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2012, 07:50:00 AM »

Jefe is now ahead of Ethan.  But where is JJ?

Go Jefe!  Slow(er) and steady!  

Besides JJ, Max Nuttleman is also showing an old point.  If you check the race flow chart he was last seen riding with Jefe, so very likely they are still together?

Socked in with clouds here in the upper Arkansas valley this AM, and still quite wet.

Author of TopoFusion GPS software.  Co-founder of trackleaders.com - SPOT event tracking.

Topic Name: CTR 2012 Race Discussion Reply #61 on: July 31, 2012, 08:02:58 AM
edemtbs

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2012, 08:02:58 AM »

Freakin' Jefe  thumbsup

Ed

Topic Name: CTR 2012 Race Discussion Reply #62 on: July 31, 2012, 08:09:23 AM
Carney

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2012, 08:09:23 AM »

Wow, Ethan made it to the Janet's Cabin area in less than 18 hours!  I wonder if Jesse Jakomait dropped his spot and is up front with Ethan...

Looks like most of the pack is staying uncannily dry right now - man, I sure hope that continues throughout the night.

Dang- Janets is 18 Hours!?!?! Granted if you wanted to schwack down and sleep on the porch or something it could make a nice rain shelter! 

Topic Name: CTR 2012 Race Discussion Reply #63 on: July 31, 2012, 08:17:37 AM
Mrs. Jakomait

We both love to ride and camp

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2012, 08:17:37 AM »

Considering that my husband (Jesse Jakomait or JJ) is doing this race while I am at home post surgery from 4 days ago for a broken tibia and fibia with lots screws, a plate, and pain to manage, he promised to try hard.   My husband is supposed to be MOVING in this race, he promised none of confusion from last time, him staying in one spot for a long time....it is not good.  If anyone knows where in good god's name he is out there, please post.  It would be nice to know that he is in this race or what the deal is with him, I told him to go race instead of taking care of me so I have a vested interest, and need to know if I have to go get him somewhere.  Thanks anyone /everyone.  The Worried and Broken Wife.

Go Jefe!  Slow(er) and steady!  

Besides JJ, Max Nuttleman is also showing an old point.  

« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 10:13:38 AM by Mrs. Jakomait » Logged

Topic Name: CTR 2012 Race Discussion Reply #64 on: July 31, 2012, 08:38:55 AM
Rick Callies

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2012, 08:38:55 AM »

Dave Harris, the trackleader site links us to the 2011 discussion. Love the updates....

Topic Name: CTR 2012 Race Discussion Reply #65 on: July 31, 2012, 08:53:15 AM
LCB

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2012, 08:53:15 AM »

Jesse called in to MTB cast.  Check out this site.  http://mtbcast.com/site2/  Apparently his spot is down, and he wants to know if someone can bring him a new one in BV. 

Scott, any ideas why some of the spots aren't updating, like Max Nuttelman's?  Any chance someone could meet Max and Jesse in BV to give them new ones or fix 'em?  It would be great for friends and family to be able to continue watching their progress.  Thanks!

Leila

Topic Name: CTR 2012 Race Discussion Reply #66 on: July 31, 2012, 08:56:23 AM
mtbcast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2012, 08:56:23 AM »

Calls: Jesse Jakomait called in from Leadville. His SPOT is down and he’s wondering if someone can pass one off to him in BV. Brad Fuller called in from Breckenridge. He lost his SPOT if anyone finds it. His number is 303 884 FIVE 9 ONE 4 if so. He’s fighting a cold but otherwise okay. And Toby Gadd called in from Breckenridge. He’s hoping to dry out!

Sorry, I had this typed up in a different tab!  BangHead

JP - MTBCast.com

Topic Name: CTR 2012 Race Discussion Reply #67 on: July 31, 2012, 08:57:30 AM
Rick Callies

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2012, 08:57:30 AM »

Charlie Nuttleman's isn't working either, unless he is out-anyone have an update?

Topic Name: CTR 2012 Race Discussion Reply #68 on: July 31, 2012, 08:58:41 AM
LCB

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2012, 08:58:41 AM »

I 've been told that Charlie Nuttelman is out.

Topic Name: CTR 2012 Race Discussion Reply #69 on: July 31, 2012, 09:01:37 AM
nswan

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2012, 09:01:37 AM »

Jeff Kerkove posted this picture from Searle Pass on Twitter this morning. It sure looks pretty up there.

Instagram link: http://instagram.com/p/Nv1e0du26Y/

Topic Name: CTR 2012 Race Discussion Reply #70 on: July 31, 2012, 09:04:11 AM
Stefan_G

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2012, 09:04:11 AM »

Charlie Nuttleman's isn't working either, unless he is out-anyone have an update?
Charlie was barfing all the way up to Georgia Pass yesterday.  Feeling sick and depleted, he was going to drop out.  I exchanged a few texts with him last night trying to convince him to get a room in Breck or something.  Haven't heard anything yet today, but since his Spot is static, I think we can assume he is bailing.

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”
  -- frequently (mis)attributed to Thomas Jefferson

Topic Name: CTR 2012 Race Discussion Reply #71 on: July 31, 2012, 09:12:26 AM
Stefan_G

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2012, 09:12:26 AM »

Jesse called in to MTB cast.  Check out this site.  http://mtbcast.com/site2/  Apparently his spot is down, and he wants to know if someone can bring him a new one in BV. 

I just texted Charlie to see if he is actually out, and if so could he hand off his Spot to Jesse.  Sent Kevin Thomas an email with the same request since he had already emailed me saying he was out due to a broken bike.  :-(

Scott, any ideas why some of the spots aren't updating, like Max Nuttelman's?  Any chance someone could meet Max and Jesse in BV to give them new ones or fix 'em?  It would be great for friends and family to be able to continue watching their progress.  Thanks!

At the start, I was misinformed about the Spot 2's tracking mode.  You *do* have to reset them every 24 hours just like the old Spot 1's.  This is probably why Max isn't currently tracking.  I sent him a txt too...

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”

Topic Name: CTR 2012 Race Discussion Reply #72 on: July 31, 2012, 09:18:19 AM
Stefan_G

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2012, 09:18:19 AM »

Ethan closing on Jefe.  They are no strangers to riding at the front together.  Recall last year's Tour Divide.

Topic Name: CTR 2012 Race Discussion Reply #73 on: July 31, 2012, 09:18:46 AM
Mrs. Jakomait

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2012, 09:18:46 AM »

Jesse wants to make sure it is not against the rules to get a new spot?  Please advise, at least that was in his message, he only wants one if it is legal.  He said he was with Ethan but Jesse slept and Ethan kept going, sounds like because Jesse slept a few people are in front of him, but he in contention with the leaders from the sounds of his call.

Calls: Jesse Jakomait called in from Leadville. His SPOT is down and he’s wondering if someone can pass one off to him in BV. Brad Fuller called in from Breckenridge. He lost his SPOT if anyone finds it. His number is 303 884 FIVE 9 ONE 4 if so. He’s fighting a cold but otherwise okay. And Toby Gadd called in from Breckenridge. He’s hoping to dry out!

Sorry, I had this typed up in a different tab!  BangHead

Topic Name: CTR 2012 Race Discussion Reply #74 on: July 31, 2012, 09:30:42 AM
DaveH

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2012, 09:30:42 AM »

Jesse's call couldn't sound more excited, sounds great!  Jefe's Wurtz ditch point is 2 minutes ahead of record pace - he has never started so fast.  Ethan looks faster than ever too.  Cat is rippin! 

Can't believe I'll be off the grid the next week...and miss the great show developing.   BangHead

Rick - ScottM is the trackleaders guru, I'm the bluedot guy Wink

Topic Name: CTR 2012 Race Discussion Reply #75 on: July 31, 2012, 09:31:39 AM
Stefan_G

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2012, 09:31:39 AM »

Jesse wants to make sure it is not against the rules to get a new spot?  Please advise

Jesse is a very astute observer of the rules!  Very technically speaking, the Spot is just another piece of equipment and accepting a new unit could be construed as "outside support".  However, IMO, trading it out for one that works, especially for the purpose of verification of his race, is completely acceptable and I am making an effort to round one up.

I welcome other opinions - I'm sure I know Toby's already.

-Stefan

Topic Name: CTR 2012 Race Discussion Reply #76 on: July 31, 2012, 09:34:43 AM
joeydurango

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2012, 09:34:43 AM »

Yeah, give him a new tracker if you can find one.  What you said above makes perfect sense.  And Toby's out on course anyway... Smiley

BEDROCK BAGS - Hand crafted, rock solid, made in the USA.  Established 2012.
www.bedrockbags.com

Ever since I began riding singlespeed my life has been on a path of self-destruction.

Topic Name: CTR 2012 Race Discussion Reply #77 on: July 31, 2012, 09:35:29 AM
Mrs. Jakomait

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2012, 09:35:29 AM »

Thanks Stefan, if you can round one up, that would be great, I need to be elevating my leg for another few days,
so driving isn't ideal but I would if I needed to.  Thanks so much for helping him get one that works so he is on the radar.

Topic Name: CTR 2012 Race Discussion Reply #78 on: July 31, 2012, 09:39:51 AM
mtbordie

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2012, 09:39:51 AM »

I started my ITT on sat morning as a rookie, I had a good day and was feeling
good at the day to my surprise. Second day was not so good as I ran out of
food and got really dehydrated and was just trying to get to Breck to eat ad in
a hour and a half of course adventure I was feeling really bad. I got talking with
a local named Rick and he offered to give me a ride the few miles into town, at
that point I didn't care about time being official I just needed food and liquid
bad. I stayed the night in town refueled and drank as much as I could and
started out the next morning at 5:30 to go up over ten mile, I felt great and
was looking forward to getting in a good long day but right at the top of
tenmile while pushing my bike through one of the large boulder fields I fell hard
on my right shoulder. I still am not sure if I slipped or my bike caught and
threw me of balance, but by the time I got down off the ridge I knew I was
done as I couldn't even push my bike if I had to.  Having to drop out was the
worst feeling you can imagine, way worse than the no energy and dehydration
from the day before. It took me an hour to finally call to get picked up cause I
just didn't want to quit.
 I had a great time, learned ALOT and met some of the best people you can
imagine. I can't wait to get out again next year and do it again with all that
I gained this year.
I owe a big thanks to Jill Hueckman after reading her blog about her ride last
year is what inspired me to do this and anyone who has thought about it just
get out and do it don't keep thinking one of these days.  The few days I spent
out there will keep me inspired till next time. Good luck to Jason, Simon and the
group of SSers it was great riding with you. Hope all out there have a good
one.   Greg

Topic Name: CTR 2012 Race Discussion Reply #79 on: July 31, 2012, 09:40:17 AM
DaveH

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2012, 09:40:17 AM »

Jesse is a very astute observer of the rules!  Very technically speaking, the Spot is just another piece of equipment and accepting a new unit could be construed as "outside support".  However, IMO, trading it out for one that works, especially for the purpose of verification of his race, is completely acceptable and I am making an effort to round one up.

I welcome other opinions - I'm sure I know Toby's already.

-Stefan

Absolutely concur with you on this. Get him a replacement!  His wife will thank you (as will everyone watching).
  Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: