Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: CTR 2011 (last-minute) START INFO on: July 30, 2011, 10:03:41 AM
Stefan_G

View Profile WWW
« on: July 30, 2011, 10:03:41 AM »

Almost time to go!

I will be at the huge parking lot on Rampart Range Rd by 5:30am Monday to hand out Spots to those of you who are renting them, and to answer any last minute questions.  I will provide a single small sheet of paper with Spot usage instructions and the call-in # as well.  I'll park at the front of the lot - look for a red, radio-flyer wagon full of Spots!   glasses2

There will be around 70 (!!) starting at the Indian Creek TH on Monday morning.  No one is going to win or lose the race in the first 5 miles, so I suggest everyone take a relaxed start until things spread out a bit.  However, as all the veterans know, the trail starts with tight twisty singletrack and 70 starting at once will be no fun.  So, here is the plan:

6:30 start - all racers expecting to finish in 5 days or less.  Based on previous years, I expect this to be 10-15 people this year.

6:35 start - all racers expecting to finish in 6-8 days.  I expect this to be the majority of the field.  Maybe 40 or so.

6:40 start - all racers expecting to finish in more than 8 days.

Remember, this race is self-timed.  If you wish to start earlier or later, that is your prerogative, and do so at will.  But, if you think you will be competitive with someone in particular, I would recommend starting at the same time.

Any other last minute questions or comments?  Post 'em up!

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”
  -- frequently (mis)attributed to Thomas Jefferson

Topic Name: CTR 2011 (last-minute) START INFO Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 10:21:31 AM
joeydurango

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 10:21:31 AM »

I just want to throw this out there:

Thanks, Stefan and Scott, for all your hard work getting this "non-organized" event organized!  Looking forward to meeting you in person.

BEDROCK BAGS - Hand crafted, rock solid, made in the USA.  Established 2012.
www.bedrockbags.com

Ever since I began riding singlespeed my life has been on a path of self-destruction.

Topic Name: CTR 2011 (last-minute) START INFO Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 09:31:47 PM
mtbcast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 09:31:47 PM »

MTBCast is available for call-ins for all of those who want to. 888-866-4491 I'll post them as quickly as I can.

JP - MTBCast.com
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: