Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: 2016 Arizona Trail Race AZTR planning thread Reply #420 on: August 17, 2016, 03:25:00 AM
NATURAID

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: August 17, 2016, 03:25:00 AM »

I want to greet all biker of the AZT and explorer biker Scott.
Thanks to all and to see in Colorado 2017
Ciao from Italy
Thise is FILM AZT750
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWx-bBZLWW0&feature=youtu.be

Topic Name: 2016 Arizona Trail Race AZTR planning thread Reply #421 on: August 17, 2016, 06:51:51 AM
Yogi the Barry

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 17, 2016, 06:51:51 AM »

Congratulations! Very cool video! It almost makes me want to do the 750 next year, having only done the 300 twice and never the 750.

Topic Name: 2016 Arizona Trail Race AZTR planning thread Reply #422 on: August 17, 2016, 12:00:08 PM
Adam Alphabet

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 17, 2016, 12:00:08 PM »

Congratulations! Very cool video! It almost makes me want to do the 750 next year, having only done the 300 twice and never the 750.
Let's do it Barry! I'm in the same boat... two 300's under the belt, contemplating the big dog... hmmm.

@adamalphabet

Topic Name: 2016 Arizona Trail Race AZTR planning thread Reply #423 on: August 17, 2016, 12:14:17 PM
Yogi the Barry

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 17, 2016, 12:14:17 PM »

Addy,
I know there isn't a permanent cure, but I was hoping this disease/infection would go into remission.  Wink
Although backcountry skiing and some biking keeps me in very good shape thru the winter, it's a totally different thing for me to be ready for the 'big dog' that early in the traditional bike season.
BTW, there are so many ways to be creative and come up with a myriad of reasons to say no...
-Barry
Let's do it Barry! I'm in the same boat... two 300's under the belt, contemplating the big dog... hmmm.

Topic Name: 2016 Arizona Trail Race AZTR planning thread Reply #424 on: August 17, 2016, 01:00:22 PM
Adam Alphabet

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 17, 2016, 01:00:22 PM »

Addy,
I know there isn't a permanent cure, but I was hoping this disease/infection would go into remission.  Wink
Although backcountry skiing and some biking keeps me in very good shape thru the winter, it's a totally different thing for me to be ready for the 'big dog' that early in the traditional bike season.
BTW, there are so many ways to be creative and come up with a myriad of reasons to say no...
-Barry

haha I hear you loud and clear. I've force some pretty rugged 'Revenant' style rides to get in shape for the last couple years... 36 degrees, pouring rain for hours on end... deep in the no fun zone. But that Arizona desert is a very strong motivator.
We'll see, it's still too close to last months CTR adventure to make a decision.

@adamalphabet

Topic Name: 2016 Arizona Trail Race AZTR planning thread Reply #425 on: August 18, 2016, 04:56:45 AM
AZTtripper

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 18, 2016, 04:56:45 AM »

How about setting up a trainer with a heater and a small fan in front of it. For best results set it up in the smallest space possible and try to get the heat way up there. 

Topic Name: 2016 Arizona Trail Race AZTR planning thread Reply #426 on: August 18, 2016, 07:33:51 AM
Yogi the Barry

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 18, 2016, 07:33:51 AM »

But something is needed to accelerate the butt-toughening. Unwashed, at least a week overdue, cotton shorts sans chamois... maybe some wads of duct tape to roughen up the saddle... and make the trainer's saddle one of those $10 crappy ones you can get at Wally World.
And while at Wally World, optimize your time with some HAB training. Grab a shopping cart, no need to be picky because none of them have a set of functional wheels, creating all sorts of muscle taxing drag, and load it top and bottom with dog food or some other lead-dense bulk item. Wheel away the hours. Hungry? Each checkout chute has all sorts of diabetes-inducing crap to simulate AZT convenience stores in your future. No fluids though, gotta stress those kidneys.
For skin conditioning, we all know how all things pointed and sharp just love to assault the body during the AZT, purchase that loaded cart and head out into the parking lot for some even better off-isle training. Wearing those work-boots, thick cotton sweatpants and hoody you just purchased, to bring on the sweet sweat, right? After a good four hours or so, head back in to get a refund. Attempting to cut the line in Customer Service will bring out all sorts of sharp-nailed fingers trying to punish you for being so daring. This technique might even bring out fangs, if you attempt to cut express lines with another fully loaded cart.
Be creative. Cross training can be fun...
How about setting up a trainer with a heater and a small fan in front of it. For best results set it up in the smallest space possible and try to get the heat way up there. 

Topic Name: 2016 Arizona Trail Race AZTR planning thread Reply #427 on: August 22, 2016, 06:50:17 AM
Snowbd2u

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 22, 2016, 06:50:17 AM »

Hahahaha now that's some funny stuff @barry. I've never done the 300 but planning on being there for the 750. Figured it would be a good warm up for either the TD again, or the Trans am trail race.  Plus I paddled the GC this past May and thought phantom ranch was pretty cool, maybe not so much carrying a bike though....

http://vabikepacker.blogspot.com/

You only have one life to live, what are you going to do with it

Josh
  Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: