Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Allegheny Mountains 400 mile Loop? on: April 28, 2013, 01:24:52 PM
AKSharon

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2013, 01:24:52 PM »

Does anyone know if the above 400 mile ride is taking place in October this year or who I can contact?  The link seems to be disabled and I can not reach the guy who put it on the site?  Thanks, Sharon

Topic Name: Allegheny Mountains 400 mile Loop? Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 09:32:21 AM
jhl99

USA-PA-SW

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 09:32:21 AM »

Can't help with the organized group time trail depart...

I'm sure you realize that that route is published by the Adventure Cycling Assoication and is always available to ride.

If you are traveling from Alaska to ride West Virginia and like technical single track... ditch the ACA route and ride the trails!

http://www.bikepacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,3147.0.html

Topic Name: Allegheny Mountains 400 mile Loop? Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 08:29:12 PM
bikpdlr

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 08:29:12 PM »

Does anyone know if the above 400 mile ride is taking place in October this year or who I can contact?  The link seems to be disabled and I can not reach the guy who put it on the site?  Thanks, Sharon

Try this link... http://alleghenymountainsloop.blogspot.com/

Let me know if you have any more trouble accessing it.  We'll be there ready to roll at 8:00am on October 4th 2013.

Chris Tompkins
Danville, VA

Topic Name: Allegheny Mountains 400 mile Loop? Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 02:43:24 PM
JeffM-VT

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 02:43:24 PM »

Adding a post to get this thread on the first page where more easily seen by others.

The AML 400 starts 2 weeks from today!  See Chris Tompkins post for link to see race info.  Last I heard there were around 15 people that were going to do the race this year.  Anyone else interested?  I did it last year (my first ever bikepacking race) and loved it.  Blacksburg, VA is a great place to start/finish and the course is beautiful (great fall foliage in some sections).  It made for a perfect trial run before tackling the Tour Divide this past June.  Similar experience with lots of climbing and long distances between services at times.

Can't wait to do it again this year and it sounds like all the top finishers from last years race are returning.  Should be fun!
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: