Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: 2020 CTR on: April 21, 2020, 11:34:33 AM
wookieone

View Profile WWW
« on: April 21, 2020, 11:34:33 AM »

Howdy Y?all,
I?ve been getting lots of emails asking about the 2020 CTR, if it is happening or not. I am making the call and posting my decision at the end of May. This gives the world another month to maybe calm down and open up?! Or two months for folks to change their plans. I?m not giving a lot of clues, cause I just don?t know yet. But if I was traveling from afar or from out of the US, I would plan on waiting till 2021.
I will not give the green light if it is a detriment to the CT or CTR in the future. We can wait, it is just a bike ride after all. Please be respectful of the small towns on the CT Corridor. ITTs might not be out of the question, but be smart and respectful when making these choices.
I will post here, and at jwookieone.com and on the CTR Facebook page once I make the decision.
Hope you are all well and making big plans for 2021!!!

-Jefe-

the impossible just hurts more...
pedaling is my prozac...

https://jwookieone.com/colorado-trail-race/9667-2/

Topic Name: 2020 CTR Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 07:43:19 PM
KO

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 07:43:19 PM »

Dang. I was finally going to do this again this year but I totally understand if that's not possible.

Just some info, Waterton canyon is closed until further notice up to the dam but the CT can still be accessed via Indian Creek or end of segment 1 for those those wanting to ride it.

Topic Name: 2020 CTR Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 12:11:51 PM
Therne

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 12:11:51 PM »

Dang. I was finally going to do this again this year but I totally understand if that's not possible.

Just some info, Waterton canyon is closed until further notice up to the dam but the CT can still be accessed via Indian Creek or end of segment 1 for those those wanting to ride it.
thanks for the useful information.
too bad this all happened - it would be my first try since i'm working as an easy recipes chef who just started seriously biking.
as for big plans in 2021 - i have a feeling everyone in all sorts of fields are having big plans for 2021 since this years is totally screwed.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 06:34:36 AM by Therne » Logged

Topic Name: 2020 CTR Reply #3 on: April 30, 2020, 03:13:36 PM
timon.fish

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2020, 03:13:36 PM »

Thanks for the update, Jefe.

Hoping (and training for) the best.

Topic Name: 2020 CTR Reply #4 on: May 05, 2020, 11:56:48 AM
aarond

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2020, 11:56:48 AM »

Howdy Y?all,
I?ve been getting lots of emails asking about the 2020 CTR, if it is happening or not. I am making the call and posting my decision at the end of May. This gives the world another month to maybe calm down and open up?! Or two months for folks to change their plans. I?m not giving a lot of clues, cause I just don?t know yet. But if I was traveling from afar or from out of the US, I would plan on waiting till 2021.
I will not give the green light if it is a detriment to the CT or CTR in the future. We can wait, it is just a bike ride after all. Please be respectful of the small towns on the CT Corridor. ITTs might not be out of the question, but be smart and respectful when making these choices.
I will post here, and at jwookieone.com and on the CTR Facebook page once I make the decision.
Hope you are all well and making big plans for 2021!!!

-Jefe-
I think everyone will respect your decision, I will.  If I had to bet, I would bet that by the end of May, even if the course is open, there will be no way to tell if social distancing rules will be relaxed enough by late july to allow a 75 person group start, thus I foresee Jefe is correct in his advice to those traveling from afar.  On the other hand, I think and hope conditions will allow Jefe to greenlight some itt's sometime this summer.  But my main point here is that if this is truly the new normal, or is likely to occur again, we should come up with new ways to deal with it.  For example, if social distancing guidelines prohibit gatherings of ten or more, groups of 10 could start every hour, thus preserving some of the grand depart feel.  I don't suggest this as a way to exploit some kind of loophole, but rather as a way to show we are good ambassadors and obeying the letter of the law.  I would even support running this or similar ideas by the cdphe to get their guidance and endorsement.  Bikepacking is already a good sport for social distancing since the rules require 6' distancing (no drafting). Of couse, if this is not the new normal, it might not be worth the effort.

Topic Name: 2020 CTR Reply #5 on: June 01, 2020, 06:42:51 PM
panick

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2020, 06:42:51 PM »

headbang
stores and restaurants are opening! Easy to stay 6 feet apart on the trail and easy to bring a mask- no weight or space really needed. Might just need to modify the start- start in waves?

Topic Name: 2020 CTR Reply #6 on: June 03, 2020, 03:04:30 PM
timon.fish

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2020, 03:04:30 PM »

headbang
stores and restaurants are opening! Easy to stay 6 feet apart on the trail and easy to bring a mask- no weight or space really needed. Might just need to modify the start- start in waves?

Jefe canceled the grand depart.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOp54X_Y9iQ

Trackleaders will be up and ITTs will be open....so long as there's no shelter in place orders and waterton canyon opens.

Topic Name: 2020 CTR Reply #7 on: August 07, 2020, 07:03:25 AM
danwiz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2020, 07:03:25 AM »

wait....i was just on trackleaders and see that Lael Wilcox is gonna give it a try.....be prepared for the womans record to be set high!!!!
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: