Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: 2009 CTR Update Thread Reply #240 on: August 08, 2009, 07:46:31 PM
pharmvet

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: August 08, 2009, 07:46:31 PM »

What a great effort from everyone.  This is awesome to watch and be a part of, even remotely.  My friend and I are seriously considering attempting this beast next year. 

Congratulations to all the finishers and keep rolling to all those still on the trail.

"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult" - Seneca

Topic Name: 2009 CTR Update Thread Reply #241 on: August 08, 2009, 10:43:17 PM
jaybird

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 08, 2009, 10:43:17 PM »

I just got off the phone with Brian Taylor.  He made it to Durango and has officially completed the CTR!!!  He is now face first in some Denny's and soon to be a pillow.  Congrats T-dog!! 

Topic Name: 2009 CTR Update Thread Reply #242 on: August 09, 2009, 08:36:29 AM
tetontodd

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 09, 2009, 08:36:29 AM »

Way to finish Brian, and Scott Morris! Brian, I wish my superfly would have made it to Durango! Great Bike for this adventure Good to meet both of you, see you next time! Oatley should be finished or coming in soon! Great Job!

Todd

Topic Name: 2009 CTR Update Thread Reply #243 on: August 09, 2009, 08:45:08 AM
mtbcast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: August 09, 2009, 08:45:08 AM »

Jeff Oatley called to say he came in this morning around 12:50am. Scott Morris called early this morning from the finish as well. And we have some well-wishes for David Goldberg. And as you know from the thread and the leaderboard Brian Taylor also came in as did David Harris! Great ride, Guys!

JP - MTBCast.com

Topic Name: 2009 CTR Update Thread Reply #244 on: August 09, 2009, 02:24:09 PM
DaveH

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 09, 2009, 02:24:09 PM »

Hey y'all,

Made it in last evening at 10:10 PM (sat).  There were more than a few challenges on this one, including a broken freewheel just after Silverton and rather frightening altitude sickness episodes...the first was taken care of by zip ties and duct tape, the later by a trail angel's inhaler...

It was a super adventure.  It was a pleasure to ride with so many different folks at different points.  Highlights abound and it'll take some time to make sense of it all.

Ah, and I gotta say my first attempt at riding a fixie on section 25 was pure madness.  Why oh why would anyone do that intentionally??

Topic Name: 2009 CTR Update Thread Reply #245 on: August 09, 2009, 03:16:31 PM
Slowerthensnot

Have fun and go far

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: August 09, 2009, 03:16:31 PM »

Hey y'all,

Made it in last evening at 10:10 PM (sat).  There were more than a few challenges on this one, including a broken freewheel just after Silverton and rather frightening altitude sickness episodes...the first was taken care of by zip ties and duct tape, the later by a trail angel's inhaler...

It was a super adventure.  It was a pleasure to ride with so many different folks at different points.  Highlights abound and it'll take some time to make sense of it all.

Ah, and I gotta say my first attempt at riding a fixie on section 25 was pure madness.  Why oh why would anyone do that intentionally??

Have no idea what so ever.....  been attempting to answer it, and so far, still no idea

Topic Name: 2009 CTR Update Thread Reply #246 on: August 09, 2009, 03:21:17 PM
mtbcast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: August 09, 2009, 03:21:17 PM »

Tom Jenson (Ramstrong) called in from Salida. He's about to head out and continue his race. Rich Otten's Mom called in to say Rich finished at 1:50pm. Tegan Davis called in saying she was at Spring Creek Pass(?) and had been there awhile, sick. It sounded like she was pulling out. The call was muffled in spots. Maybe someone can clarify. And Mark Caminiti called in from Silverton!

JP - MTBCast.com

Topic Name: 2009 CTR Update Thread Reply #247 on: August 09, 2009, 04:33:47 PM
wilycoyote

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 09, 2009, 04:33:47 PM »

This race and the SPOT transievers has just been incredible - what an awesome job organizing this event. I have been cheering everyone so hard, but my focus has been Alex Platt. This guy has some real courage, and he like everyone who even attempted this race have set the bar so high for all of us! Congratulations Alex, you are almost there, and we are all just awestruck by your effort! Congratulations to all the finishers. AMJ

Topic Name: 2009 CTR Update Thread Reply #248 on: August 09, 2009, 07:46:41 PM
wilycoyote

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 09, 2009, 07:46:41 PM »

Cat Morrison, Marshall Bird, and Alex Platt are all in!! Safe with family, friends, food and drink - they sound absolutely jubilant! David Goldberg will arrive in the dark or in the morning...hope his batteries are still strong!

Topic Name: 2009 CTR Update Thread Reply #249 on: August 09, 2009, 10:24:43 PM
mtbcast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: August 09, 2009, 10:24:43 PM »

Tegan Davis calls to confirm she's out. Marshal Bird and Cat Morrison call in from the finish. Alex Platt finished as well, as noted above. And Dan Joseph checks in from Lake City.

MTBCast: Episode CTR09 Day 8 is up!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 10:50:50 PM by mtbcast » Logged

JP - MTBCast.com

Topic Name: 2009 CTR Update Thread Reply #250 on: August 10, 2009, 07:05:26 AM
edemtbs

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 10, 2009, 07:05:26 AM »

Awesome job everyone!!

It's been fun watching.

Ed

Topic Name: 2009 CTR Update Thread Reply #251 on: August 10, 2009, 08:43:37 AM
DaNM

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 10, 2009, 08:43:37 AM »

Awesome job everyone. I`m as impressed by the later finishers as I am by any, well almost.
 I pulled the plug early having no drive, focus or legs. Loaded a bit heavy with life as well as gear.
 For those non finishers, I hope you show up with the drive, focus and legs next year and keep living the dream.
 Thank Joe Polk for a summer of hearing someone else doing all the work. Thanks Joe.

Topic Name: 2009 CTR Update Thread Reply #252 on: August 10, 2009, 08:49:30 AM
jakomait

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 10, 2009, 08:49:30 AM »

Been watching this thing closely and am impressed with everyone out there. I have no idea what it's like to epic for 4-8 days straight but I know it cant be easy! I'm in awe and inspired!

It is better to regret the things you've done than the things you haven't.

Topic Name: 2009 CTR Update Thread Reply #253 on: August 10, 2009, 09:33:51 AM
wookieone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #253 on: August 10, 2009, 09:33:51 AM »

Hey everyone, I just have to say, what a cool, tough and inspiring group of folks! Nice work to all who pushed through all that amazing and brutal terrain out there, to those who finished you rock. I realize that so many of us have been saying the same thing here about all those who have attempted and finished this monster, but it is true, it is just awesome to see. Knowing damn well how hard and trying it was to get through some of that, I am impressed by the stamina and mental strength of y'all. Makes me proud to know some of you and to get to know more of you, I truly believe that the bulk of humanity can learn so much from those who tackled this beast, it is not impossible, it is right there in the realm of everyday possible, we are not pro's, we have jobs, families, yet we got it done. Spread the word, life is bigger than so many of us humans let on, dream on Peace jefe

the impossible just hurts more...
pedaling is my prozac...

https://jwookieone.com/colorado-trail-race/9667-2/

Topic Name: 2009 CTR Update Thread Reply #254 on: August 10, 2009, 10:11:14 AM
mtbcast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: August 10, 2009, 10:11:14 AM »

Awesome job everyone. I`m as impressed by the later finishers as I am by any, well almost.
 I pulled the plug early having no drive, focus or legs. Loaded a bit heavy with life as well as gear.
 For those non finishers, I hope you show up with the drive, focus and legs next year and keep living the dream.
 Thank Joe Polk for a summer of hearing someone else doing all the work. Thanks Joe.

Love doing it! One day I'll get out there myself! Maybe start with a TransGa. Hoping we get a TT out here next year.

JP - MTBCast.com

Topic Name: 2009 CTR Update Thread Reply #255 on: August 10, 2009, 10:24:40 AM
jnordby

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: August 10, 2009, 10:24:40 AM »

Been quietly watching this since the start - in particular Nick Thelan and Dan Joseph.  Any other word from these two - it was mentioned Dan called in from Lake City.  Concerning that they are both off course and apparently bailed now, and appear to be separated with Nick further out on the road and Dan stationary.  Prior to this, they had stayed together.  Might be out of date Spot info, but ....Stay safe guys. BTW - Nick's trackleader info doesn't show his name anymore, nor does the (focus) work for his particular SPOT anymore.  Not sure what happened there - seemed to work up to yesterday early afternoon at least.

Congrats to all of you that finished or even started this! It blows me away that you guys are able to put together the equivalent of my longest mtb rides ever, and in some cases double those in a 24 hour period. Then get up the next day and do it again. And again. And again.  And again. That is truly inspiring. Nice job!

Thanks for any info,
jon.

Topic Name: 2009 CTR Update Thread Reply #256 on: August 10, 2009, 10:31:56 AM
Tbone

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 10, 2009, 10:31:56 AM »

Adventure of a lifetime and thanks to everyone for their interest and support!  Made it in at 10:45pm on Saturday (finally!)... a cold dark and lonely trailhead never seemed so warm and inviting.  It has taken some time to reflect on it all... still seems a little surreal.  

It's been amazing being involved with this Tribe of peeps. Like Jefe mentioned, everyone would benefit by taking on such a challenge at least once in their life.  It's been an honor to meet so many of you willing to find (and then push) their limits.

Trying to assimilate back into my life on Monday AM and answering the routine question, "so how was your weekend?" has been.... odd.

Brian Taylor

glasses2

Topic Name: 2009 CTR Update Thread Reply #257 on: August 10, 2009, 10:37:43 AM
ETURK

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 10, 2009, 10:37:43 AM »

Been quietly watching this since the start - in particular Nick Thelan and Dan Joseph.  Any other word from these two - it was mentioned Dan called in from Lake City.  Concerning that they are both off course and apparently bailed now, and appear to be separated with Nick further out on the road and Dan stationary.  Prior to this, they had stayed together.  Might be out of date Spot info, but ....Stay safe guys. BTW - Nick's trackleader info doesn't show his name anymore, nor does the (focus) work for his particular SPOT anymore.  Not sure what happened there - seemed to work up to yesterday early afternoon at least.

Congrats to all of you that finished or even started this! It blows me away that you guys are able to put together the equivalent of my longest mtb rides ever, and in some cases double those in a 24 hour period. Then get up the next day and do it again. And again. And again.  And again. That is truly inspiring. Nice job!

Thanks for any info,
jon.

I am not too worried about Dan and Nick - they seem to be really taking it in easy when I saw them above copper. Plus there location has services currently....but I am currious as well.

Topic Name: 2009 CTR Update Thread Reply #258 on: August 10, 2009, 11:07:50 AM
Mathewsen

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 10, 2009, 11:07:50 AM »

Been quietly watching this since the start - in particular Nick Thelan and Dan Joseph.  Any other word from these two - it was mentioned Dan called in from Lake City.  Concerning that they are both off course and apparently bailed now, and appear to be separated with Nick further out on the road and Dan stationary.  Prior to this, they had stayed together.  Might be out of date Spot info, but ....Stay safe guys. BTW - Nick's trackleader info doesn't show his name anymore, nor does the (focus) work for his particular SPOT anymore.  Not sure what happened there - seemed to work up to yesterday early afternoon at least
sorry about the tracking weirdness there w/ nick & dan. at first i scratched them b/c they are clearly defaulting to the old route. then i reconsidered the scratch label for the time being b/c, as our software currently works, it removes them from the map. somehow my change back to active had a typo. i figured their families and friends may enjoy following them out - even in scratch mode. in the near future we will likely script a way to discern (by icon) between defaulted riders and active racers. anyway, nick's historical is back up. looks as though he's descending into the upper animas now.

Topic Name: 2009 CTR Update Thread Reply #259 on: August 10, 2009, 11:16:24 AM
Mathewsen

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 10, 2009, 11:16:24 AM »

Been watching this thing closely and am impressed with everyone out there. I have no idea what it's like to epic for 4-8 days straight but I know it cant be easy! I'm in awe and inspired!
Jesse,
You are ripe for this biggie-sized ride. As a former Canada cup winner, 24hrs of Steamboat victor and former Canon City, CO resident, how can you ignore this challenge another year? Get your bags on order and be the first Cannondale Factory rider on the 2010 startlist! I'll be the 2nd, but not the first. Help me out.
Matthew
  Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: