Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Three Sisters Three Rivers Oregon ~July 18-27ish on: July 01, 2017, 02:26:12 PM
Moyo

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2017, 02:26:12 PM »

http://www.bikepacking.com/routes/three-sisters-three-rivers/
I want to put it out there that I will be attempting this route beginning July 17 or 18 and I would like to ride with somebody else.
I'll be flying into Portland late on the 16th, getting stuff ready and traveling in the days afterward.
I intend to spend 9 days as this guide says, give or take a few based on my fitness and the route's difficulty.

Also looking for any more beta on transit/rideshare options between Portland, Bend, and Roseburg/the end of the route.
Contact me here through PM or email at spurlin.andrew@gmail.com

Topic Name: Three Sisters Three Rivers Oregon ~July 18-27ish Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 05:36:43 PM
Alpinist112

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 05:36:43 PM »

Good luck! I hope I will be able to see your trip report soon.

I am not able to join you, but like you I am also reading and making plan to do the route. This route you posted is spectacular and I hope you will complete it safely. For plans like this is good to have a car at the end of the route (in Bend).

In my case, I am kind of limited with transportation. I don't drive.
I have to always plan loop rides and use public transportation. It is a very difficult to find bike partner for harder trips and I will probably do route solo. My plan is to loop it and follow Scot's route he created. It is really something special!

http://salsacycles.com/culture/the_oregon_hot_sisters_route

I will take Amtrak train from Vancouver BC Canada to Eugene OR USA. This will put me in proximity to Oakridge OR, where I will enter the loop. I am not sure of dates, but I am aiming for September. Good thing of riding solo is I could always cancel my trip, if weather forecast is bad. I am not going to hurt anyone's feelings and feel bad.

Bad thing about riding solo is not really 100% fun. Things turn bad sometimes, and having a good, reliable friend is critical!

I wish you luck and your experience will help me a lot!

Zoran

Advocate Cycles Hyduke

Topic Name: Three Sisters Three Rivers Oregon ~July 18-27ish Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 04:53:59 PM
selbig

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 04:53:59 PM »

I'll be riding a portion of this route starting July 5th in Bend and ending July 10th in Oakridge. I can tell you that finding transportation out of Oakridge has been tough. Not sure about Roseburg but I'm guessing it's the same. Shuttles tend to stick to their routes to the trailhead. No taxi or Uber. Bus services in Oakridge but you'll need to time it right. I ended up renting a Uhaul and crossing my fingers it's in Oakridge like I asked. I checked out Craigslist today for ride share options but that seems to be hit or miss. I'm just going to wing it, enjoy the ride and consider transportation to be part of the adventure. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic Name: Three Sisters Three Rivers Oregon ~July 18-27ish Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 04:57:26 PM
Ben Salthouse

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 04:57:26 PM »

I guess this is kind of a late reply but maybe it will help somebody out. When I did this rout last year I added a day at the end of the rout to road ride to Eugene where you can catch a bus with a bike back to bend. Be warned the bus only runs once a day and probably can only fit one or two bikes but I was solo and it worked out for me. The pavement riding was actually a pretty nice wind down after all the awesome single track.
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: