Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: South of the Great Divide on: August 21, 2018, 07:47:35 AM
rimugu

View Profile WWW
« on: August 21, 2018, 07:47:35 AM »

Some friends and I are working on extending the GDMBR south of the border. Still a lot to go, just some small sections have been confirmed so far.
My guess is that the first 200 miles are going to be ready by this time next year.
At the same time, we are working on a Garmin GPS map to use as base: https://libreriacrisol.blogspot.com/p/mapa-de-aventura-en-chihuahua-para-gps.html (the map covers no only the route but all Chihuahua state and surrounding places, if you are interested in the map but don't read Spanish, just look for the dropbox link)
I'll try to post notices for the next expeditions in case someone is interested.

* ParteaguasContinental.JPG (69.38 KB, 571x832 - viewed 298 times.)

@rimugu:matrix.org

Topic Name: South of the Great Divide Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 07:06:07 AM
fotooutdoors

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 07:06:07 AM »

What is the character if this route? Mainly doubletrack and unimproved roads, or is it heavy on singletrack? I bumbled my way through the linked page, and didn't see anything with respect to that, though my Spanish is pretty rough, since it has been a decade since I really have used it.

Topic Name: South of the Great Divide Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 08:30:25 AM
rimugu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 08:30:25 AM »

The page is about the map, not the route.
There is not (yet) a page dedicated to the route. So far the route follows mostly the character of the GDMR, that is more double track and unimproved roads than single track. But is a work in progress.

@rimugu:matrix.org
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: