Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Sobo Wild West Route on: January 27, 2020, 01:39:24 PM
Boisebiker

View Profile
« on: January 27, 2020, 01:39:24 PM »

Looking for two or three other riders heading south on the wild west route. Departure date flexible, but prefer between mid July and mid August. I'm a male in my 60s and have done the GDMBR and Idaho Hot Springs tour. Since I am based in Boise, Idaho if you can get here I will get us to the start. Also have a home in Arizona that can be a staging area to fly home. Prefer not to ride this solo, but based on past experience this should be a great ride. Plan to average 50 miles per day. Mainly camping but motels appreciated when available. Email at kimh51@hotmail.com 

Topic Name: Sobo Wild West Route Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 08:31:57 AM
youngmason

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 08:31:57 AM »

I?ll be out there starting July 7, or thereabouts, heading south from Eureka to Darby, maybe Challis. I?m adding lots of singletrack rides along the way, bags off for some.
A friend told me there?s good info on Facebook...but Facebook. I wonder if there a way to view it without having an account? Maybe someone could add pertinent info over to the Atlas Guides app?
If anyone?s interested, here?s the singletrack stuff I?ve found on Trailforks:
Mt Marston near Eureka, 4500? descent, I might get a shuttle from a friend in Whitefish to the top/beginning of my trip.
Webb Lookout right by the bridge over Koocanoosa, bags off, camp at lower trailhead.
Turner Mnt ski area?
Lost Creek off the MT/ID border between Noxon and Wallace, bags on, 3200? descent on singletrack instead of Wild West road descent, connects to route without adding mileage, why not!!
In the Clearwater...Heart Lake, Pot Mountain, Fourth of July Creek. Most likely I?ll try Pot Mnt with bags on, looks incredible, singletrack open to motorcycles.
 headbang
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: