Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Need shuttle ideas for Palmetto Trail MLK weekend on: January 06, 2012, 12:16:00 PM
FeloniousDunk

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2012, 12:16:00 PM »

Any suggestions on how I can shuttle the Wateree to Awendaw portion of the Palmetto Trail on MLK weekend?  I just landed a 4.5 day weekend and would love to get a trip in.

Short of the shuttle, my plan is to arrive at one end or another Thursday evening and end up at my car ready to drive home Monday afternoon.  I really don't like doing out-and-backs.     

Topic Name: Need shuttle ideas for Palmetto Trail MLK weekend Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 07:47:57 AM
donmeredith74

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 07:47:57 AM »

Not sure what my schedule would be that weekend but maybe we'll get lucky and I can help out a touch. Its never too hard to convince my wife that we should spend the weekend in Charleston. I just had some heavy duty surgery so I'm not sure what our calendar will look like at that point...

Don Meredith
Greenville, SC
http://lightpack.blogspot.com

Topic Name: Need shuttle ideas for Palmetto Trail MLK weekend Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 09:41:06 AM
FeloniousDunk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 09:41:06 AM »

Don I'd appreciate any assistance.  I could change my schedule to get done a day earlier or start a day later if it worked better for your schedule.  I'm hoping to have my plan together wednesday before I make the drive down from Asheville on thursday.  Stay in touch.

One option I want to research is leaving my car at an Enterprise car rental in Columbia, getting a ride from there out to Wateree, ride to Awendaw, call an Enterprise in Charelston to pick me up in Awendaw (they'll usually pick you up if you're within 30 minutes drive),  drive the rental back to my car and leave the rental at the Columbia Enterprise.  For that to work I'll need to figure out a ride to Wateree (any suggestions for that?), make sure a Charelston Enterprise will come out to Awendaw and that I can leave the rental in Columbia without it costing me an arm and a leg.

Topic Name: Need shuttle ideas for Palmetto Trail MLK weekend Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 06:55:20 AM
donmeredith74

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 06:55:20 AM »

FD, I'm definitely not going to be in good enough shape to help out on the shuttle. I'm still doubling up on my 'script pain killers, unfortunately. I hope it isn't too much of a problem for you... next time. Have a great ride & post pics!

DM

Don Meredith
Greenville, SC
http://lightpack.blogspot.com

Topic Name: Need shuttle ideas for Palmetto Trail MLK weekend Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 07:23:01 AM
FeloniousDunk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 07:23:01 AM »

No problem!  PM sent.
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: