Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Bikepacking options in Western Australia? on: February 16, 2017, 01:52:37 PM
cjdunn

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2017, 01:52:37 PM »

I'm getting the urge to return to OZ but this time on the west side.  I'm thinking June-July 2017. I'm wondering about bikepacking options along the coast or anywhere interesting.  I've even considered just fat biking along the coast forever but I don't know if you are allowed ride on the beaches there. I'd probably fly in and out of Perth but would consider other options.  On my last trip we rented a camper van and toured around from Victoria to QLD hitting small towns and various attractions along the way.  I'd want to do a similar thing but on bikes this time.  Bike and camp for a couple of days between resupplies.  Seeing that WA is more arid than the east is the frequency of water resupply a big issue?  Any suggestions?  Also, are their options for renting bikes so I don't have to deal with getting mine there?  Thanks, Chris

If your gonna be dumb you gotta be tough.

Topic Name: Bikepacking options in Western Australia? Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 12:36:07 AM
RonK

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 12:36:07 AM »

The 1000km Munda Biddi Trail should be just what you are looking for - and it's located in the cooler and wetter south-west corner.

Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: