Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Bikepacking in Israel and Jordan on: June 25, 2019, 01:52:43 AM
gomerpatrol

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2019, 01:52:43 AM »

Hi all.

I'm in the early planning phases of a trip next summer (likely May-June 2020). The plan so far is to ride the Holy Land Challenge route from Tel Aviv to Eilat, cross into Jordan there and ride the Jordan Bike Trail up to Amman. Both routes are very safe and incredibly beautiful (google image search "wadi rum"). I expect they will take about 4 weeks, but it's hard to know at this point of planning. A big chunk of this trip would be through some fairly remote desert at a time of year that is insanely hot. I've done some international solo bikepacking in the past, but the more I look at this, the more I'm thinking that I'd really like to have a partner (or two or three) in case Murphy's law hits hard.

This is a big trip and I feel a bit odd putting the call out to strangers like this, but I thought I'd make a post and see if anyone responds. Previous international travel and/or cultural competency required.

Extensions of the trip could include Palestine (West Bank is reported to be quite safe for foreign cyclists) and Lebanon if we so decide.

Anyone interested?

(If you have ridden either of these routes, feel free to respond also)
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: