Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Subscribing to Boards (Forums) on: January 22, 2015, 12:15:07 AM
Aushiker

View Profile WWW
« on: January 22, 2015, 12:15:07 AM »

Hi

I may have missed a topic on this or missed the feature all together so please do point me in the right direction if I have. On all the other forums I hang out in (way to many) there is a feature to allow you to subscribe to a Board (forum) to get notified of updates, e.g., new threads. The help files indicate it exists with this software but I do not seem to be able to find it. Found it for posts only.

Does such a feature exist?

Thanks
Andrew

Topic Name: Subscribing to Boards (Forums) Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 08:30:34 AM
fotooutdoors

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 08:30:34 AM »

Up top, next to the "Reply" button is an icon of a page with an exclamation point.  Click that.  Also, if you reply to a thread, I believe it also automatically updates you, though I turn that off on most boards I hang out on since I visit frequently enough and don't want extra emails in my inbox.  IIRC, the update notification is sent to your email.

Topic Name: Subscribing to Boards (Forums) Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 06:46:31 PM
Aushiker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 06:46:31 PM »

Up top, next to the "Reply" button is an icon of a page with an exclamation point.  Click that.  Also, if you reply to a thread, I believe it also automatically updates you, though I turn that off on most boards I hang out on since I visit frequently enough and don't want extra emails in my inbox.  IIRC, the update notification is sent to your email.

Thanks but that is the button to subscribe to a thread not a forum which is what I was looking for.

Regards
Andrew

Topic Name: Subscribing to Boards (Forums) Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 03:19:27 PM
ScottM
bikepacking.net admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 03:19:27 PM »

Yeah, the subscribe to board option does exist here in SMF (the software used) but it doesn't seem to be available on this theme for some reason.

Here's a link you can use to subscribe to the first "bikepacking" board:

http://www.bikepacking.net/forum/index.php?action=notifyboard;sa=on;board=6.0

You should be able to figure out the board=X.0 for the ones you want.

Sorry it isn't a little easier!

Author of TopoFusion GPS software.  Co-founder of trackleaders.com - SPOT event tracking.

Topic Name: Subscribing to Boards (Forums) Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 05:08:06 AM
Aushiker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 05:08:06 AM »

Thanks. I will give that a shot.

Andrew

Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: