Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Photos on: June 28, 2009, 07:38:19 PM
rocky rode

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2009, 07:38:19 PM »

Scott, when I post photos they are small, I can click on them to make them larger.  Is there a way I can make them appear large in the post?  Should I just assume everyone knows to click on the photo to make it larger?  Sorry for the ignorance...

Can we expect a write up on your most recent trip and are you in CO for the summer?  It would be great to meet up with you.

Gary

Topic Name: Photos Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 10:05:54 PM
ScottM
bikepacking.net admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 10:05:54 PM »

Gary--

I do need to take a look at getting the pics to appear larger by default.  I'm sure there's some functionality out there for it.  Thanks for the note about it.

Writeup on the latest trip is up here in the 'bikepacking' forum.  I'm in Flagstaff this summer... hoping to make it to CO for the CTR, but probably not otherwise unfortunately.

Author of TopoFusion GPS software.  Co-founder of trackleaders.com - SPOT event tracking.

Topic Name: Photos Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 09:39:09 AM
ScottM
bikepacking.net admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 09:39:09 AM »

Gary,

Photos should appear larger now when you upload them.  There is still a limit on the total size of all images in one post, but you can always do multiple posts, too.

BTW, the way myself (and Mike and others) post so many pictures in our writeups is to host the images elsewhere.  I host them on my own site (topofusion) and Mike and others uses Picasa.  It would help me out with disk usage if folks could use something like Picasa and just embed the links as html in your posts.

Thanks.

Author of TopoFusion GPS software.  Co-founder of trackleaders.com - SPOT event tracking.

Topic Name: Photos Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 06:18:29 PM
rocky rode

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 06:18:29 PM »

Thanks Scott.  The photos look way better now.  I'll look into Picasa when I get a chance.  I have a Flickr' account, maybe it will work the same way?

I've been meaning to ask- is this site costing you money?  I see no advertising so I assume it must be.  We could send donations to offset the cost, let me know if I (we) can help out. 

Gary

Topic Name: Photos Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 09:03:18 PM
ScottM
bikepacking.net admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 09:03:18 PM »

Gary,

Yeah, I haven't decided what to do about paying for the site.  Eventually it may outgrow its current host.  I've thought about ads (hopefully bikepacking related ones) but I do like the look of a non-ad site too.  Donations is another thought.  Thanks for asking.

I think Flickr should work, just gotta figure out how to make it spit out some html for a photo.

Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: