Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Feature Request: A Make Your Own Gear (MYOG) / DIY Forum on: July 29, 2011, 08:54:08 AM
deGuerre

View Profile
« on: July 29, 2011, 08:54:08 AM »

Hello,

I'm new to this website, but not to bike packing or hiking.  Great knowledge base here and I've really enjoyed reading the forums so far.  Thanks to everyone that has contributed and those that have organized this great resource!

I've spent more time on backpacking/hiking forums in the past and really enjoyed the Do-it-yourself (DIY) and Make Your Own Gear (MYOG) forums especially.  You can see examples of great communities where people help each other and share designs and ideas to build their own equipment at Backpacking Light's MYOG Forum, HammockForum's DIY section, bpLite's extensive DIY forums focusing especially on alcohol stoves.

All of the above sites focus on one aspect of bike packing, which is the packing and camping part, and all the above specific DIY/MYOG forums have really allowed a community to develop that helps and supports each other and shares ideas and designs.  I have seen a few DIY/MYOG threads buried deep in this site, and would like to see a separate forum started so that these threads can be brought together in one place.  If this forum is created I volunteer to look through back posts and curate the ones that are DIY/MYOG in content so they can be migrated to the new forum.

Topic Name: Feature Request: A Make Your Own Gear (MYOG) / DIY Forum Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 09:08:31 PM
ScottM
bikepacking.net admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 09:08:31 PM »

This seems like a good idea, and thanks for the offer to migrate some relevant threads over.   I think a couple other new forums are due.  I'll try to get to it this week.

Feel free to post here again if I don't get in touch within a week.

Thanks for the post and interest.

Author of TopoFusion GPS software.  Co-founder of trackleaders.com - SPOT event tracking.

Topic Name: Feature Request: A Make Your Own Gear (MYOG) / DIY Forum Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 09:54:49 PM
deGuerre

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 09:54:49 PM »

Scott,

You mentioned I should post her again in a week.

Topic Name: Feature Request: A Make Your Own Gear (MYOG) / DIY Forum Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 02:59:28 PM
ScottM
bikepacking.net admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 02:59:28 PM »

Thanks, 1 week like clockwork!  I just created it.  If you want to collect a list of topics (just a list of links to topics), I'll move them over to the new forum.

You can either email it to me (smorris@topofusion.com) or post it here in this thread.

Thanks!!

Author of TopoFusion GPS software.  Co-founder of trackleaders.com - SPOT event tracking.
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: