Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Western states/Tevis cup- trail French meadows reservior CA on: August 27, 2018, 06:23:32 PM
alpamayo

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2018, 06:23:32 PM »

I’m going to be up at French Meadows Reservoir (CA west of Tahoe) this weekend. The WS/TC trail runs just noth of the lake. I’ve ridden some dirt roads in the area, but not any trails. Anyone know if this trail is rideable or worth my time?

Topic Name: Western states/Tevis cup- trail French meadows reservior CA Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 08:41:24 PM
phillip

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 08:41:24 PM »

Since Tevis cup finished not that long ago, it should be rideable but likely dusty and could be overgrown some.  It's been a few years since I last rode that section and I enjoyed it.  but I like challenging adventure riding.

Options 1: from french meadows, riding up to robinson flat (FS road 43) and ride the duncan canyon portion for a very knarly fun trail.  Option 2: from Robinson flat taking cavenah deep road (WS or FS road 44), downhill to FS road 44-22 (Last Chance road) and continue on the WS portion until it reconnects to 44-22 road.  But turn left at the connection to return back towards french meadows.   If you turn right you will continue westward on the WS to Last Chance and then into the first canyon.  Option 2 is very fun and views are fantastic.

If you do both, you will need most of the day, unless you get some shuttling.

I'll be over at sugar pine for some fishing on saturday.  I'm still recovering from a very bad crash so no riding.

Topic Name: Western states/Tevis cup- trail French meadows reservior CA Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 09:29:27 PM
alpamayo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 09:29:27 PM »

Thanks. Will be camping st Lewis CG all weekend. Gonna try out the Red Star Ridge trail and the trail that runs along Rd 96.  And some fishing at French Meadows.

Topic Name: Western states/Tevis cup- trail French meadows reservior CA Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 10:31:07 PM
phillip

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 10:31:07 PM »

Excellent!  let me know about the fishing.  We were thinking about that place, but I need access for recovery.
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: