Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Weather check anywhere along the Coconino 250 on: March 18, 2015, 09:34:37 AM
squishware

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2015, 09:34:37 AM »

I am heading out solo April 3rd or so and would like any information about trail conditions and weather.

Thanks in advance.

Topic Name: Weather check anywhere along the Coconino 250 Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 10:46:05 AM
ec_duz_it

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 10:46:05 AM »

I did the Coco in April 2013 and weather was perfect.  No sure how much snow they got this year, but there are various webcams online I remember checking before I left.  The Coco is such a fun route.  Make sure to get an early start out of Sedona on Segment #2. That segment will take some time! 

Topic Name: Weather check anywhere along the Coconino 250 Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 08:05:17 PM
AZTtripper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 08:05:17 PM »

On the AZTR thread there was very little snow reported for north of the Peaks. So other then Williams everything else is lower and dryer. Should be good to go based on that. No snow detours south of the Canyon, for this years race, for what that's worth. If you get into any sticky mud before Marshall Lake then bail as the mud only gets worse. If everything is dry before Marshall you have no excuse not to go ahead and climb up onto Anderson Mesa. Maybe you'll find the perfect trail conditions where the mud has dried enough to stop sticking but the elk prints haven't set like concrete. Either way once you get to Munds road you can get to Schnebly and finish day one no matter what.

Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: