Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Tsoodził Loop: an exploration of Mt. Taylor and the CDT on: June 19, 2017, 09:13:57 PM
SEC

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2017, 09:13:57 PM »

Our friend put together a sweet route out at Mt. Taylor in NM.  The riding on the CDT and Gooseberry Trails is TOP NOTCH.  Super ridable and fun.  There is a lot of room for exploration.  There are two reliable water sources to plan around: the Ojo Piedra Spring in the San Mateo Canyon, and a spring only marked "Spring" on USGS but easy to find:  where Lobo Canyon meets FSR 193 about a mile N of the Gooseberry TH, the CDT intersects the road and will lead you to spring markers.  Both are marked on the attached map (if I can attach it).  Here is a trip report: http://southwestbackcountry.blogspot.com/2017/06/tsoodzi-loop-exploration-of-mt-taylor.html
Lemme know if you have any questions- it's a suer sweet area.   

* TAylor_.gpx-2.xml (32.54 KB - downloaded 215 times.)

Topic Name: Tsoodził Loop: an exploration of Mt. Taylor and the CDT Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 02:58:12 PM
offroute

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 02:58:12 PM »

Thank you! thumbsup

Topic Name: Tsoodził Loop: an exploration of Mt. Taylor and the CDT Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 09:58:11 PM
Smo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 09:58:11 PM »

This looks awesome! I've been looking for more excuses to head over to New Mexico and this route loops great. Not only that, but I have a friend in Grants whose house is right on the route path! I'll definitely have to make that a long weekend, probably next summer since I suspect Taylor is getting some snow this weekend.

Nick Smolinske, Rogue Panda Designs custom bikepacking gear
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: