Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Southern Ontario Weekender on: January 14, 2014, 08:17:31 AM
werksmini

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2014, 08:17:31 AM »

Hey Folks!

With all this wet, cold and damp I have been trying to plan some weekend trips for when spring and summer hits. Does anyone have some recommendations for an out and back mountain bike trail system for some remote camping? Id love to do around ~50km, less if it's more hard going.

I have been through a lot of the park locators but it's hard to get a real idea of the trails, how busy it is, etc.

Thanks!

Topic Name: Southern Ontario Weekender Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 12:30:14 PM
poo_head

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 12:30:14 PM »

Hi! I too have been on the hunt for some routes around Ontario.

Where abouts are you? I live in mid town Toronto and my parents are in Vaughan.

I've been looking for routes around Ontario as well for 2015.
Lot's of trails around, just not many that are:
1. well mapped
2. allow for cycling
3. long
4. form a loop (not necessary, but would be nice)

There's the COLT loop, that covers 450km from Kawartha Lakes, to Stirling, up to Bancroft, across to Haliburton, and back down to Kawartha Lakes, it's not very technical or rugged by the looks of it, but it is mostly off road on rail trail and could be an easy way to get acquainted to bikepacking.

Topic Name: Southern Ontario Weekender Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 05:55:02 PM
Bradley.wsrobinson

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 05:55:02 PM »

look for the "eastern ontario recreational trail map" at TheTrail.ca .  The map was free. Me and a buddy did 200 km of the trails this summer. Lots of crown land if your looking to camp off grid. Or you can find camp sites if you want more. The trails are mostly old rail trails. Bring a water filter or lots of water not many places to buy water.

Topic Name: Southern Ontario Weekender Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 02:23:55 PM
Robb

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 02:23:55 PM »

-Halton hills area could be used to combine parks into one long trip (kelso, hilton falls)
-Bruce pennisula is a good bet, and a trip I have planned next weekend. Lots of ATV and MTB trails north of Wiarton, just try to respect any bruce trail rules for where you can ride

*I realize the age of this post, but in case anyone comes across...*

Topic Name: Southern Ontario Weekender Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 09:25:55 AM
werkinit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 09:25:55 AM »

Anyone have an mtb trail route through Ganaraska forest I have a plan to do an overnight in that area next season.
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: