Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Safford-Morenci Trail. on: March 25, 2015, 02:19:11 PM
jackdcuna

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2015, 02:19:11 PM »

I was wondering what the condition of this trail is, if anyone has ridden it recently.

I've read the trip reports and I'm trying to also decide which direction to ride it. East to west or west to east.
It's only 18 miles, but from the trip report I've read on here, it seems like an all day ride still.

What do you think. Which direction is the best ride? Could you do an out and back or is it a definite shuttle if I want to do it in one day?

Thanks!

Pick up virtue from everyone

Topic Name: Safford-Morenci Trail. Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 03:58:41 PM
Leeazjr

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 03:58:41 PM »

Hi there, I'm not sure if you wanted a riding partner for this, but I've also been thinking about taking the fat bike there to check this out. It would make shuttle options easier with 2 people. I was also considering doing this as a bikepack and doing some exploration, so a test run would be great. I'm in the phx area (tempe) and planned on going to the blm office to see if I can get some good info and maps.

Topic Name: Safford-Morenci Trail. Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 11:00:19 AM
ScottM
bikepacking.net admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 11:00:19 AM »

The GET email list would be the place to ask for current conditions, but I'd guess it's about the same as in trip reports -- overgrown, wild and awesome.

Would love to see a report of this if you guys make a go at it.

Author of TopoFusion GPS software.  Co-founder of trackleaders.com - SPOT event tracking.

Topic Name: Safford-Morenci Trail. Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 12:25:17 PM
wahday

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 12:25:17 PM »

I just joined the GET listserve about a month ago and it is indeed a good source of info and question-asking. I recommend it for current conditions. Folks are definitely hiking the trail now and making current reports on conditions.

Yahoo groups page is here: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/grand-enchantment-trail/info

You do have to request and be accepted, FYI. Took about a day to be processed.
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: