Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Routes in BC on: December 08, 2009, 09:46:30 AM
sailor

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2009, 09:46:30 AM »

Are there any established routes in British Columbia in the coast range? It would be very cool to have a dirt road/trail route though tweedsmuir coming from the prince rupert area down to kamloops

Topic Name: Routes in BC Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 01:39:25 PM
Esportsman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 01:39:25 PM »

I don't think that there is any established route.  Likely you could do a lot by connecting logging roads, but I don't think that there would be any trail system that extensive here in BC.  Of course, I'm basing this on hiking and general experience as a field geologist in the provience.  There is a lot out here that gets inaccessible quickly.

Are you in BC?  The South Chilcotins are hard to beat.  The hubby and I will hopefully be getting in a few 2-3 day trips there this summer, but nothing as big as you are looking at!

Topic Name: Routes in BC Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 12:49:33 PM
willapajames

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 12:49:33 PM »

Off topic, but how does one get a job as a field geologist in BC?!  Oh man, that'd be amazing!  I'm a "field geologist" in Vermont, but most of my "field work" involves collecting groundwater samples from industrial sites around New England...

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible." - T.E. Lawrence
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: