Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Plateau Passage route beginning late May on: March 26, 2019, 09:04:55 PM
the.hamtron

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2019, 09:04:55 PM »

I'm interested in riding the Plateau Passage route beginning late May, but with the impressive snowpack totals across Utah and Colorado's western slope, I'm having second thoughts, and wanted to get some additional opinions here. With the route pushing 10k feet elevation through the high mesas and mountains of southern Utah, I'm not so sure these zones will be sufficiently melted out enough for fluid and fast riding. I guess the only means of knowing is to pay close attention to the Snowtel data.. I'd love to depart late May rather than a fall departure, mostly because of obligations later in the year. If I'm being overly paranoid here, please say so and convince me I should give it a go as planned.

Topic Name: Plateau Passage route beginning late May Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 08:48:06 PM
krefs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 08:48:06 PM »

There's definitely a lot of snow on those high plateaus and isolated mountain ranges.

Follow along on these snowpack maps to watch how conditions evolve as the snow gets melting here...

https://www.nohrsc.noaa.gov/interactive/html/map.html

Topic Name: Plateau Passage route beginning late May Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 06:40:12 PM
aaron w

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 06:40:12 PM »

I’m planning on starting sometime early june and being out for 4 or 5 weeks.  Pretty much planning my timing to coincide with snowmelt in the san juans. I figure no sense showing up there until at least July 4.
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: