Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Michigan singletrack bikepacking - NCT, HCP, or ??? on: July 15, 2018, 07:32:23 PM
tallpaul

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2018, 07:32:23 PM »

I'm hoping to get out for a couple long weekends of bikecamping.  I just moved to michigan from Asheville and really miss the remote riding options.  I've heard good things about NCT (near Mesick?) and the High Country Pathway.  Anyone have route suggestions in these areas?  I'm looking for remote singletrack, good views, and occasional access to water.  I live in SE Michigan and I'm also open to other options within 4-5 hours of driving.

thanks guys,
Paul

Topic Name: Michigan singletrack bikepacking - NCT, HCP, or ??? Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 04:09:31 PM
jehsohn

Woof!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 04:09:31 PM »

Paul the HCP is an awesome 80 mile asskicker of a loop. Start at Pigeon Bridge campground just east of Vanderbilt. I'd probably ride counter clockwise. It's beautiful and pretty remote. There is a store and bar over on the other side on m33 the ElBo Inn. Great food and beer although it is a ways off trail.

The NCT is awesome too. Anywhere in that area had north you can't go wrong.

PM me if you need any more info.

J

Topic Name: Michigan singletrack bikepacking - NCT, HCP, or ??? Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 06:03:04 AM
Lentamentalisk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 06:03:04 AM »

I'm going to be on a month long work trip in Ann Arbor in September. I didn't see a whole ton of pre-charted bikepacking in the area, but it looked like there were a number of good options for work night S24O trips (I guess I should probably be calling them S16O trips if no work is to be missed).
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: