Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Mass. Midstate Trail to RI North-South Trail: anyone ridden it? on: October 18, 2014, 10:34:19 AM
Couloirman

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2014, 10:34:19 AM »

This is an ~167 mile route from the Northern border of Massachusetts, to the Southern ocean border of Rhode Island. Not long, I know, barely qualifies for the bikepacking forums due to short length but should be fun nonetheless. Covers everything from gnarly steep and rocky singletrack to paved asphalt roads.

Anyone ridden it? I'm heading out to do it the week of October 27th, hoping to get it done in an overnight push without sleep, but I have the time off to do it 2-3 days if the legs don't want to cooperate. I can start on any day that week that the weather cooperates. Here are links to the websites for each route. Hit me up if you want to join. Having a car at each end would make the logistics oh so much easier.

It's too bad the NH Wapack trail is closed to bikes or else this could easily extend another 21 miles. Oh well...

1) Mass Midstate Trail
    http://www.midstatetrail.org/

2) RI North South Trail
    http://www.rinemba.org/north-south-trail/
    http://www.greatswamppress.com/north-south-trail/
    http://outdoors.htmlplanet.com/nst/nst_map00.htm

I have gpx tracks of both trails if anyone needs them. Also, if you just want to ride either the Midstate trail, or the RI North-South trail I am down to do either one in a day any day that week as a recon mission before doing both.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 08:21:09 AM by Couloirman » Logged

Topic Name: Mass. Midstate Trail to RI North-South Trail: anyone ridden it? Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 04:07:37 PM
fatbiker24

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 04:07:37 PM »

Hey! I'm probably a bit late but if you're still doing bikepacking trips I'd like to tag along! I'm looking for a bikepacking partner but no luck so far. I'm new to bikepacking and that's why I don't want to go alone on my first trip.

Take care!

Topic Name: Mass. Midstate Trail to RI North-South Trail: anyone ridden it? Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 05:16:42 AM
Lentamentalisk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 05:16:42 AM »

It does indeed look like a great route. How did it go?

I'm also late to the party, but it I'd like to ride this trail some time. That said, I'm much more on the 40-60 mile per day side than the 160 mile per day you wanted to do.

What were the trail conditions like? Was it mostly single track, or was it predominantly country roads?

Topic Name: Mass. Midstate Trail to RI North-South Trail: anyone ridden it? Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 05:27:38 AM
fatbiker24

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 05:27:38 AM »

Hey lentamentalisk, when are you doing this route ? Would you Like a partner!? I still haven't found anyone to go with for my first bikepacking trip.

Topic Name: Mass. Midstate Trail to RI North-South Trail: anyone ridden it? Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 09:53:14 AM
Ksousa81

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 09:53:14 AM »

Sorry for resurrecting this thread.  I live in southeastern ma and am looking to do my first bikepacking overnighter.  Has anyone bikepacked the mid state trail or the north south trail?  

I’m thinking the north south trail from north to south, then stay the night at Burlingame.  Next day south to north back to the car.  Am I biting off more than I can chew?

Topic Name: Mass. Midstate Trail to RI North-South Trail: anyone ridden it? Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 04:11:40 AM
Chippertheripper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 04:11:40 AM »

Those are going to be 2 long days.  With the fall we’ve had, you can expect those woods to be a real mess too.  I’d suggest a straight bandit overnighted in the woodsy spot of your choice.  Bring your orange garments.
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: