Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Divide + Loop from Banff? on: January 25, 2013, 01:56:08 PM
99percentchimp

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2013, 01:56:08 PM »

Hi All,
Looking for some info from those in the know on the left side of the pond.
Planning to be over in the summer with a few other brits, heading south from Banff on the Divide trail into the US.
I don't think I'll have as much time as them so won't get as far south (to a similar planned exit point from the trail) so I've been thinking of travelling with them for 5-6 days then looping back north to Banff (to make logistics easier getting there and back from Europe..... I might fly up from Houston to Calgary and tie in a work trip as I've done that route before).
So I'm really interested if anyone can recommend a decent 10 day loop south of Banff... or at least give me some pointers as a start - It's big country!  Wink
Would a loop 'round' Mt Assiniboine and Kootenay NP be possible ~ 50 - 70miles per day and travelling pretty light..
Any pointers to help focus the research would be great.
Thanks in advance,
Mark

Topic Name: Divide + Loop from Banff? Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 09:34:21 PM
elitheknife

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 09:34:21 PM »

Depending on how quickly you plan to move, there are several loops one could plan.  If you're going at a nice leisurely touring pace, a ride from Banff to Eureka and back could be fun.  At 'race pace', maybe all the way to Whitefish and back?

You won't be able to get anywhere near Mt. Assiniboine with your bike.  The route is closed to bikes now, unfortunately.  A ride back through Kananaskis Country from the south would be swell, as there is SO much good riding out there. 

Hit me up over email if you want more specifics.

theporcelainrocket[at]gmail[dot]com

Scott

Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: