Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Costa Rica experience? on: April 02, 2010, 10:41:04 PM
TyB

View Profile
« on: April 02, 2010, 10:41:04 PM »

Was planning on doing the AZT, but circumstances favored another adventure- Costa Rica. I'll be there from April 24-May 12 with bike and gear. I'm meeting some friends www.pebblepedalers.com who are 10 months into their trek from AK to Tierra del Fuego and trying to raise awareness of the propsed Pebble Mine. Anyway, I'm only going to be riding them for a short while, as they are on their touring set up and I'd like to make it into the jungle and off the coast for a bit (which is their route). So, I'm wondering if anyone has any experience down there to share- even some ideas would be helpful.

I'll probably meet them somewhere north of the Osa Peninsula- Dominical or near and ride south, then head up toward San Vito and continue toward the Carribbean coast. Toward the end of my journey I'll be meeting my girlfriend who is doing research on tropical bees and I'll spend the rest of the time with an insect net. Should be a good time.....

Thanks, Ty

Topic Name: Costa Rica experience? Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 12:39:00 AM
sean salach

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 12:39:00 AM »

I've only crossed that country once, but I liked the Pacific coast and the mountains waaaaaay better than the gulf coast. Better scenery, more well behaved rascals.
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: