Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Conditions on AZT right now? on: January 31, 2017, 08:37:39 AM
Adam Alphabet

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2017, 08:37:39 AM »

Hi Arizona friends,

I've got a few questions on how things are looking along the AZT right now..
I'm flying into Tucson Friday and want to head out for 5 or so days after the weekend.

Was thinking or riding Tucson to Oracle on the race route, skipping the ridge, road down to Oracle. Then the race route as far north as possible before the snow hits, so maybe Payson or Pine?

The questions...
*How far north could I likely(realistically) get before the snow stops the fun?
*Expected overnight lows near freezing or just below freezing at the northern parts I'm guessing?
*Are the caches stocked at this time of year... Tigermine, Freeman, Kelvin..?
*Roughly 10 hours of daylight.. (planning batteries for some night riding).

Anything else I need to be aware of?

Thanks all, can't wait to get back to the desert!

@adamalphabet

Topic Name: Conditions on AZT right now? Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 09:55:05 AM
AZTtripper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 09:55:05 AM »

We just came out of a cold snap, lows are back up to 40's and highs 70's should be nice.

There was lots of water in the cache at Oracle state park. Some with specific names some almost a year old. There was just a big running event starting at Freeman, I should think that people added to the cache out there.

Should be a great time for lower elevations, skipping the Oracle ridge you should be fine to Payson.

Topic Name: Conditions on AZT right now? Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 10:35:10 AM
Adam Alphabet

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 10:35:10 AM »

We just came out of a cold snap, lows are back up to 40's and highs 70's should be nice.

There was lots of water in the cache at Oracle state park. Some with specific names some almost a year old. There was just a big running event starting at Freeman, I should think that people added to the cache out there.

Should be a great time for lower elevations, skipping the Oracle ridge you should be fine to Payson.

Thanks a bunch Tim, I've been following the weather close the last couple weeks but it's always good to hear up to date, on the ground trail info.
Cheers!

@adamalphabet

Topic Name: Conditions on AZT right now? Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 01:00:49 PM
schillingsworth

DFL>DNF>DNS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 01:00:49 PM »

Daylight is getting close, if not already, 11 hours!!

Highs around the PHX are in the mid-70's with mid to upper 80's forecast for the end of next week!!! The 80's can hold off for a bit if you ask me....

http://schillingsworth.blogspot.com/
I ride the crappy trails so you don't have to.

Ultra Endurance Profile Posters & More...:
Posters, T-Shirts, etc

Topic Name: Conditions on AZT right now? Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 01:17:39 PM
Adam Alphabet

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 01:17:39 PM »

Super pumped John! Unseasonable snow forecast up here. Hahah. Can't wait to get down there!

@adamalphabet
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: