Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Which Bladder in Frame Pack? on: July 21, 2013, 10:40:38 PM
Adam Alphabet

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2013, 10:40:38 PM »

Hello all,

I'm wondering which bladder people are using successfully in their frame bags?
I prefer bottles, but want to experiment with 2L and 3L bladders in a full frame pack.

Thanks in advance,
Adam.

@adamalphabet

Topic Name: Which Bladder in Frame Pack? Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 01:20:03 AM
Area54

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 01:20:03 AM »

MSR Dromedary, the black heavyweight one, not the UL red one.

Amazing where riding a bike will take you...

Topic Name: Which Bladder in Frame Pack? Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 11:10:53 AM
HOser

Too busy looking good

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 11:10:53 AM »

I've had good luck for a couple years now with a red MSR bladder and would recommend it. It's been durable enough for me, I haven't felt the need for the black version.

I've also tried Camelbak bladders, but the MSR is a bit less bulky. I had multiple bad experiences with Platypus: 1) a pin hole puncture while filtering, and 2) the hose screws on to the bladder, and this came loose in my frame bag, spilling all my water.

-Dave

Topic Name: Which Bladder in Frame Pack? Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 12:10:25 PM
Adam Alphabet

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 12:10:25 PM »

Thanks guys,

I've got a 2L and a 3L platy big zip that I've used in a hydration back pack and they both leaked out all my water on separate rides. I may go pick up an MSR and have a go.

@adamalphabet

Topic Name: Which Bladder in Frame Pack? Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 12:50:02 PM
Singlespeedpunk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 12:50:02 PM »

I have been using a Source WPLS low profile 3L bladder in my Revelate bag. The internal rib stops it bulging,the covered tube stops gunk growing in the pipe and the QR fittings are really good....I am looking at a longer hose just for frame bag use (it normally gets used in my Goruck GR1 pack....I bought it from Goruck with the pack as they recommend it)

Add in the easy clean "open the entire top and get your hand in" top opening and it is a no-brainer!

http://source-military.com/product.php?id_product=82

SSP

"...and yeah this fixie thing is pretty bomber" mc

www.fixedisfucked.blogspot.com
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: