Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: what websites have top of the line gear? on: October 22, 2009, 08:00:22 PM
b1gp0ppy

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2009, 08:00:22 PM »

I was curious what websites or stores have great gear?  I use to shop at REI but some of their gear is just not up to par.  There are a lot of people making great stuff and I would like to get in the loop.  Thanks for your time and input.  There are a lot of knowledgeable folk on this blog.  I would like to say thanks for keeping my spirit up with your adventures, I dont know you but feel we share something in common that makes us tick.

Keith

Topic Name: what websites have top of the line gear? Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 04:54:12 AM
AZTtripper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 04:54:12 AM »

REI or SorrEI (sorry E I) as I call it does have some good stuff just nothing specialized for bikepacking and they do tend to be more of a clothing store with some out door gear to get you in the door.

Campmore has a web site as well as a catalog they have a mix of quality and cheep stuff but again no real bikepacking gear.

I got my seat bag right from Eric at Epic there is a link in the review section on this site I don't think either of the guys making these things have any other outlets yet.

Then there is Golite http://www.golite.com/main/home.aspx and I am sure there are other ultra light back packing sites most of that stuff works for bikepacking as well. As of now I don't see any one trying to cater to our small market.

Topic Name: what websites have top of the line gear? Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 07:48:01 AM
donmeredith74

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 07:48:01 AM »

I'm new to bikepacking but a significant portion of the gear overlaps with UL backpacking. Most of the best stuff is cottage gear like Epic or Carousel. My favorite gear comes from Mountain Laurel Designs, Gossamer Gear, Tim Marshall Outdoors and Titanium Goat. You can also check out TarpTent (Henry Shires), Six Moon Designs and MiniBullDesigns. I'm sure I forgot a few good ones but that should be a great start.

You can also find a lot of lightly used UL gear on backpackinglight.com.

Don Meredith
Greenville, SC
http://lightpack.blogspot.com
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: