Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Thudbuster Seatpost on: October 08, 2012, 03:45:52 PM
egear

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2012, 03:45:52 PM »

Looking to hear hands-on opinions on these things.  I have a chance to pick one up for $80 and was wondering if they are worth the money?  Looking for people who have actual knowledge with one of these things.  Trail experience is best.

Thanks.

Topic Name: Thudbuster Seatpost Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 09:53:47 PM
danimal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 09:53:47 PM »

I have used one for several years for mountain biking, bikepacking and commuting.  It's still in fine shape and currently on my Superfly.  I love it.  That said, it's no substitute for full suspension.  But if you're riding a hardtail, it's a great thing, IMHO.  Reduces fatigue and improves comfort.  I'm a total weight weenie and I think the extra ounces are well justified.

Topic Name: Thudbuster Seatpost Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 08:37:18 AM
Done

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 08:37:18 AM »

I used a Thudbuster for the 2010 CTR, with a hard-tail Cannondale. It was a good thing, and helped take the edge off rougher sections of the trail. As danimal says though, it's no substitute for a full-suspension bike (which I rode on the 2012 CTR). One great thing about Thudbusters is that you can stand and pedal without any suspension bounce or interference. On the downside, they "kick" somewhat because the the elastomer doesn't have any real damping. While the rebound isn't as quick as a metal spring, it can come back at your butt pretty quickly!

Overall, I'd use one again if I were to ride the CTR on a hard-tail.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 08:30:27 AM by TobyGadd » Logged

"Done"

Topic Name: Thudbuster Seatpost Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 07:14:17 PM
egear

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 07:14:17 PM »

Wink

Well thanks to everybody who replied to my question.  I finally picked the post up today and managed to get a short ride in on it.  My initial impressions are pretty good once I sorted out which elastomer to use and the preload tension.  Very smooth.  I might try this thing on the tour bike as it's pretty comfortable. Luckly as both take a 27.2 post.  I traded an old Giant MTN bike frame for it.  The piece is heavy but comfortable.  Cant wait to hit some trails with it.

Topic Name: Thudbuster Seatpost Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 09:33:19 PM
spiruline

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 09:33:19 PM »

i have used one for years. It's the only part I keep moving from bike to bike. I love it
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: