Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Gevenalle shifters, experience? on: February 03, 2020, 09:55:55 AM
geotrouvetout67

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2020, 09:55:55 AM »

I have a Salsa Cutthroat Apex 1x11 with an 11-42 cassette.

I am really interested in upgrading to the 12-speed Shimano XT RD and the microspline 10-51 cassette using the Gevenalle 1x12 shifters, any other option to get a wider range is a lot more expensive, lacks shifting reliability, requires getting rid of the dropbar or using a MTB shifter on the drop bar (which sucks).

Gevenalle told me the Shimano shifters should be available in March. That is fine but they have nothing else for sale on the website, 9, 10 and 11 speed system, everything is out of stock and has been for months. From web search I've done, it seems to be a reoccurring problem with them.

So now I'm questioning the reliability / viability of the company. Are they a couple guys working out of a home garage with no cash flow or a sustainable company? I don't want to be stranded for months if I break a lever. Anyone has experience dealing with them?

Topic Name: Gevenalle shifters, experience? Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 01:48:04 AM
Tacodelmontana

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 01:48:04 AM »

I had no issues ordering their GX 10spd stuff a couple years back. Sometimes their stock is low.

I?ve toured on those brifters a lot, and I use them everyday on my bike for courier work. No problems at all. It?s a simple system. I give it two thumbs up.

Topic Name: Gevenalle shifters, experience? Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 07:17:46 PM
RonK

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 07:17:46 PM »

Another option may be a Microshift lever and Pauls Thumbie. Would be much cheaper than Gevenalle.
https://www.paulcomp.com/shop/components/drivetrain/shifting/microshift-thumbies/

Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: