Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: cue sheets for TD? on: December 02, 2010, 09:59:58 PM
robotfury

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2010, 09:59:58 PM »

On my continuing fact finding mission so that I can cease being an armchair tour divider and become a finisher, I am curious about cue sheets - getting them, making them, tips, examples, how-to's... I saw something here in a thread about customizable ones from ACA for 2011 as well? Or is it that Matt sends you them once you have committed to racing... but I might be making that up completely.  Not sure.  I am just gleaning information here and there... and there is a lot of stuff to search through.  Any thoughts are appreciated and if there is a thread I am missing, let me know.

Right now I am just working off of maps and the Divide book/Bible, Paula and Scott's GDR topo,  and mtbcast podcasts... leaderboard stuff.... thinking there might be a more efficient way. 

And on a kinda related note, looking for gps software that is Mac friendly, just made the switch from PC to Mac and would prefer not working through Parallels.

BTW - I finally got, well ordered, my Vassago Bandersnatch. So 29er set up is coming along or more like now I can put all my stuf on the 29er.

Thanks

M

Topic Name: cue sheets for TD? Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 04:12:47 PM
robotfury

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 04:12:47 PM »

no love, huh.

Topic Name: cue sheets for TD? Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 06:56:34 PM
Roland Sturm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 06:56:34 PM »

It's not that mysterious. $5.75 from ACA for the whole route, same place where you get the maps. They e-mail you the cue sheets, rtf files, one per map page, that you can edit and customize anyway you want.  

Last item on the order page, below map 6.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 07:09:20 PM by Roland Sturm » Logged

Topic Name: cue sheets for TD? Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 06:57:07 PM
Marshal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 06:57:07 PM »

As you have probably found there are bits and pieces about cue sheets (and GPS ) scattered through the posts here on bikepacking.net but no single ‘cue sheet’ thread.

I am not sure what you can currently get from ACA but last yr an email to ACA was all it took to get a word doc file(s) that contained the entire cue set for the GD route.  Just phone or email them and ask.  Not sure about Mac vs PC but I would think it would still be easy to edit/condense as needed.

I can’t offer much more that this as I only used GPS and homemade profile sheets .  I did not carry any cues or maps with me during the actual race.

(I think I saved a copy of the cue file(s) on my phone ‘just in case’ but never used them, humm now that I think of it I think they are still buried somewhere on that phone.)

Anyway, luck with your 2011 TDR prep!!

Topic Name: cue sheets for TD? Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 12:40:13 AM
robotfury

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 12:40:13 AM »

Ah the Narratives.  Doh.  Perfect.  I knew the answer was simple, thanks guys.  The phone... hadn't thought of that.  Prep is fine, training, gear etc is going... big hurdle is making a space in June, covering rent and all that stuff you don't dream about when, well, dreamin.  Otherwise, doing all I can to make happen. 

Topic Name: cue sheets for TD? Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 01:04:57 AM
wunnspeed

SpoK Werks - Handmade Cycling Goods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 01:04:57 AM »

Nice info. guys. I hadn't even thought of cue sheets until someone mentioned it on the TDR thread. I'll try getting ahold of ACA and see what I can get. Thanks.

Michael Cleveland - SpoK Werks bikepacking gear
SpoK Werks Etsy
SpoK Werks FB
Big Wheel Racing Europe
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: