Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Carousel Design Works' Painstakingly Slow Turnaround on: September 18, 2009, 12:28:48 PM
zafash

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2009, 12:28:48 PM »

I have put an order with Jeff on June 2oth for:
*Escape Pod saddle pack - medium
*High Roller bar bag - medium
*Custom frame pack - dual compartment w/ X-Pac fabric upgrade
*Fuel Cell top tube pack - front mount
His worst case ETA was the  middle of August, last I checked with him at the end of July, it was "no more then a couple of weeks"... and radio silence ever since.
He seems like a really cool guy but the follow-through needs some improvement.
He might be bikepacking out there somewhere.
Any one had a similar experience?

Topic Name: Carousel Design Works' Painstakingly Slow Turnaround Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 04:59:11 PM
jhl99

USA-PA-SW

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 04:59:11 PM »

I can't comment on the customer service you have received, but, if you have a little time and patience, making your own bike bags isn't a big deal.  You need a garden variety sewing machine (I use a 1950's era Singer I inherited from my late grandmother), fabric and notions can be found locally or mail order.  Your local public library will have tons of sewing books, even books about sewing outdoor gear.

Make something simple for your first project and then add complexity.  The best part is that you can make/modify/repair to your heart's content.

Topic Name: Carousel Design Works' Painstakingly Slow Turnaround Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 06:06:03 PM
Pivvay

Riding and exploring

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 06:06:03 PM »

No comment on Jeff's turn around but I've found Eric at Epic Designs to be fast on a relative scale of what it takes to make these things. Very high quality too.

CDW makes great stuff I'm sure but if you can't buy it, then how good can it be? That being said, I'm sure you'll get your stuff you ordered, it sounds like a standard small gear maker issue and I understand just how frustrating lack of communication and follow thru can be having dealt with it before in other venues (car parts, bike frames, etc).

-Chris Plesko
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: