Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Backpack that can be fixed to the bike frame? on: June 06, 2019, 08:44:05 AM
vickyperkin

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2019, 08:44:05 AM »

Hi, I'm looking for a bag that can be used as backpack and that can be fixed to the bike frame. The background is that I'm doing  mixed bike-and-hike tours in the Swiss Alps: first get by bike to some hiking starting point, then do some hiking without taking along the bike, then get back to the bike and drive home. I don't have a rack, and I don't like biking with a bag on the back...
One solution is to take along a folding backpack in a bikepacking bag, but maybe there are other solutions out there? Would it for example be feasible to replace the drybag of Revelate's Terrapin system by a backpack?
Thanks in advance for advice!

Topic Name: Backpack that can be fixed to the bike frame? Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 02:46:24 AM
bmike-vt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 02:46:24 AM »

If you have enough room from the handlebars to the wheel you might be able to use a Revelate Harness and then just strap your bag in... Maybe move some items to the rear seat bag and then when you get to your hike you can pull the pack, add the items, and go.

I remember Tout Terrain making a backpack holder / seat rack, but I think it was pretty bulky.

A PDW bindle rack might work on the rear for a small day pack.

Topic Name: Backpack that can be fixed to the bike frame? Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 11:17:37 PM
THE LONG RANGER

Hi-Ho, Single-Speed, AWAY!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 11:17:37 PM »

Get a front rack, and just lash the pack to that. It works really well.

* rollinspass.jpg (237.65 KB, 1024x682 - viewed 185 times.)

Topic Name: Backpack that can be fixed to the bike frame? Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 09:37:43 PM
KittyOnMyFoot

Forest Dweller

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 09:37:43 PM »

DaKine makes a hydration fanny pack that's got some loops on the bottom: hangs from the handlebars (upside down) when riding, and hangs from my butt when walking. It doesn't come with a ton of room though (wallet, phone, keys and bike pump largely maxes mine out).
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: