Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Mark C is amazing on: August 06, 2010, 02:15:34 PM
layla

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2010, 02:15:34 PM »

I totally sympathize with the mom's and dad's out there following their loved ones thru the amazing and riveting spot tracker!   Imagine your loved one out there without a spot!!!!!???  My boyfriend Mark Caminiti is out there without a spot? I myself think its crazy and it kinda pisses me off cuz i can't even see his progress or know if he is ok?  i just get sporadic calls when he has cell service.  He did the same thing during the AZT, which he completed the whole 750 grueling miles. Rattlesnakes and all!!!  I trust that he knows what he is doing and the preparation and dedication to biking lite, is well like a science, and he is a hmmm, like a Italian Magruder....
And I just wanted to add that Mark is an amazing person and his feats of human tenacity are inspirational to me.  He is a workhorse and keeps slogging along no matter what the conditions are.  Mark is a CTR veteran with 2007, 08, 09, and now hopefully 10?  He completed all but 07,  he had to bail @ I believe Cinnamon pass because he had to get back to work, btw. it was another Monsoon season and his first attempt!  I believe if Mark finishes this race he will be the first person to have completed both CTR & AZT in one season. I am very proud of my baby... he would never toot his own horn but I can. hehehe.

Topic Name: Mark C is amazing Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 08:33:08 PM
jp3d

Jesse Palmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 08:33:08 PM »

Hahaha you've got to get a SPOT on that crazy dude: this is a great spectator sport! Maybe they could make a tiny implantable one... thumbsup

party till you björk

Topic Name: Mark C is amazing Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 11:39:20 AM
layla

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 11:39:20 AM »

hmmmm, don't give me any evil ideas.... Wink

Topic Name: Mark C is amazing Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 06:58:38 PM
ScottM
bikepacking.net admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 06:58:38 PM »

I believe if Mark finishes this race he will be the first person to have completed both CTR & AZT in one season. I am very proud of my baby... he would never toot his own horn but I can. hehehe.

Yep, no one has finished both of those beasts in a year.  And not too many ever will... keep 'er going Mark!

Author of TopoFusion GPS software.  Co-founder of trackleaders.com - SPOT event tracking.

Topic Name: Mark C is amazing Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 10:03:07 PM
Emily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 10:03:07 PM »

It was lots of fun to ride with Mark for a couple hours on day 2. I also passed him during a thunderstorm on the way up to Kenosha while he was reclining in comfort under the large awning of a closed-up BBQ stand. The whole rest of the climb up that hill all I could think about was how much smarter than me he is!
Go Mark!

Topic Name: Mark C is amazing Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 09:50:26 PM
layla

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 09:50:26 PM »

Hehe, yep sounds like a Mark stratedgy. After the CTR 2007 monsoon totally demoralized him he swore he would never do it in the rain again...hehe looks like he lied!!!  Stong ride Emily, it's so cool to see how chick's can rock it with the boys!  headbang

Topic Name: Mark C is amazing Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 04:50:17 PM
Done

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 04:50:17 PM »

Mark's aversion to getting wet and cold served me well. We met at the top of the hill before Cathedral, where he was putting on all of his warm clothing and rain gear before descending into the cold, dark valley below. Monkey see, monkey do, thought I! So I  put on a bunch of warm stuff, and dropped down the hill behind him. Sure enough, it was wet and cold as cold gets down there--but, thanks to Mark, I was toasty and dry.

"Done"

Topic Name: Mark C is amazing Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 06:06:24 PM
dream4est

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 06:06:24 PM »

I am very proud of completing the two baddest singletrack races around this year. Thanks for the compliments everyone. I am not very fast but I hate to quit. It just goes to show that with even with a weaksauce training regimen like mine someone with a lot of heart can accomplish great things.

This year was just awesome for me race-wise. I will be back for both events next year for sure. They are already filling my mind with lots of gear change plans and I think I will actually get a real road bike and train on it some. And lift some weights too. You know maybe try to be a real racer and get closer to the lead pack. I would still show up even if I am in this shape as I enjoy these events at any pace or speed.

Thanks to all who helped me this year at these events or who I rode with. Scott M, Stefan G, Leila D, Jefe B and Steph, Toby G, Bob B, Bill and Jason, Dave K, Action Jackson, Tim McCabe, Ian B, Emily B, Brad and Matt and Pete from NC, Gabe D. You all are great people.

Mark C.

Divide Bike Bags

Topic Name: Mark C is amazing Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 08:13:04 PM
Done

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 08:13:04 PM »

I am very proud of completing the two baddest singletrack races around this year. Thanks for the compliments everyone. I am not very fast but I hate to quit. It just goes to show that with even with a weaksauce training regimen like mine someone with a lot of heart can accomplish great things.
What's that, about 1200 miles of endurance racing this year? Yes, you may not be the fastest guy out there (although you are faster then I was!), but you do indeed have a strong heart. I'm looking forward to riding with you again in 2011, and maybe we'll both be faster! Having room to grow and improve is pretty motivating!

"Done"

Topic Name: Mark C is amazing Reply #9 on: August 14, 2010, 04:18:45 PM
saferider

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2010, 04:18:45 PM »

Hi Mark!  It was cool meeting you on this years CTR!  It was great seeing, and feeding,  off of your passion for mountain biking.  Thanks for all of your advice in Leadville.  Bob B.
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: