Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: what bib shorts are you using on your epic rides? on: April 17, 2010, 06:08:55 PM
jimfab

Are those new slacks?

View Profile WWW
« on: April 17, 2010, 06:08:55 PM »

Everyone

I am looking for a new pair of bib shorts for this years TD. Till now i have ben using the Performance Ultra short and they have served me well. I like the old grey pad better than the new green pad, but my only 2 pair of shorts are fast getting wore out and i fear they will not serve me well come june. I have searched and compared and asked around but i am still unsure what pair to try. I want to keep it under $150 if i can. I need to make a choice soon if i am going to get them tested and broke in.

Thanks for your help!- jim

Topic Name: what bib shorts are you using on your epic rides? Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 07:35:01 PM
afie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 07:35:01 PM »

I was fine for two washes the entire way using these Ibex knicks. They also do bib knicks, tights etc. Wool is the way to go.

Topic Name: what bib shorts are you using on your epic rides? Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 06:35:20 AM
wookieone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 06:35:20 AM »

I like Bibs, but let's face the facts, long rides, multi-day rides = means pooping! taking all you clothes off to take a dump is a pain, especially if your eating powerfood! Just my take, Jefe

the impossible just hurts more...
pedaling is my prozac...

https://jwookieone.com/colorado-trail-race/9667-2/

Topic Name: what bib shorts are you using on your epic rides? Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 08:25:00 AM
sluttyduck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 08:25:00 AM »

The stitching on my Gore chamois started to go during last years TD.  My hincapie are still going strong.

Topic Name: what bib shorts are you using on your epic rides? Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 10:26:48 AM
DaveC

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 10:26:48 AM »

I hate bibs, firstly for the reason that Jefe gave.

I've been using second and third tier Pearl shorts for years, and they always get the job done fine.

Topic Name: what bib shorts are you using on your epic rides? Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 06:02:55 AM
DaveH

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 06:02:55 AM »

I figure my improved time on Grand Loop in '09 was cause I switched to shorts.   icon_biggrin

The performance Ultra stuff has been bulletproof for me.

Topic Name: what bib shorts are you using on your epic rides? Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 09:11:01 AM
SteveW

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 09:11:01 AM »

I wouldn't use bibs on a multi-day ride. Way too much hassle for toilet stops - bad weather, mosquitoes, nowhere to hang clothes, etc. Plus they are too hot at times. Sometimes high-end shorts can be difficult to get hold of, but I go to the trouble of ordering lots online and sending the ones back that I don't like.

I'm a recent convert to Assos F1 Uno shorts. I never imagined they were worth the money, but decided to stump up the cash for the Divide last year, and now dislike using any of my other shorts when the Assos are in the wash.

Steve Wilkinson

Topic Name: what bib shorts are you using on your epic rides? Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 08:26:10 PM
krefs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 08:26:10 PM »

Pearl Izumi PRO bibs...I don't mind pulling off the bibs once a day when nature calls, and I still say bibs are far more comfortable than regular shorts.  I think they're considerably more comfortable than the Pearl Elite bibs, and they're only $30 more or so.

Topic Name: what bib shorts are you using on your epic rides? Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 08:51:02 AM
jimfab

Are those new slacks?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 08:51:02 AM »

Everybody, thanks!

I appreciate everybody's input. I think i will be sticking with bib's. I am just a big fan of how bibs fit and work. Besides i have mastered the pee out the short leg maneuver. The #2 out the leg is still not an option, but i have no problems with taking an extra minute to... well take an extra minute. In fact i am in search of a lightweight newspaper to take with me..... just kidding  sad3. anyway... I think i got it down to a couple options.... I love the idea of the wool short. The hincapie stuff looks nice and has a decent price. It seemes that nobody has anything bad to say about the aasos stuff. I am going to talk to my LBS today where i have a couple options. After months of waiting there team gear should be in soon, or i can bite the bullet and go for something like the aasos F1. I am kinda leaning to the aasos, but money is getting tight with a bit over a month left and a bunch of stuff left to purchase.

Thanks again  headbang

Topic Name: what bib shorts are you using on your epic rides? Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 01:10:28 PM
naked indian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 01:10:28 PM »

Everybody, thanks!

I appreciate everybody's input. I think i will be sticking with bib's. I am just a big fan of how bibs fit and work. Besides i have mastered the pee out the short leg maneuver. The #2 out the leg is still not an option, but i have no problems with taking an extra minute to... well take an extra minute. In fact i am in search of a lightweight newspaper to take with me..... just kidding  sad3. anyway... I think i got it down to a couple options.... I love the idea of the wool short. The hincapie stuff looks nice and has a decent price. It seemes that nobody has anything bad to say about the aasos stuff. I am going to talk to my LBS today where i have a couple options. After months of waiting there team gear should be in soon, or i can bite the bullet and go for something like the aasos F1. I am kinda leaning to the aasos, but money is getting tight with a bit over a month left and a bunch of stuff left to purchase.

Thanks again  headbang

my goretex bibs have been pretty comfy, long lasting and work well, my other bibs are part of my team kit and they work fine as well, I am a bib convert all I wear are bibs...

ChEcK OuT ThE NaKeD InDIaN ChrOniClEs: http://singletracksamurai.blogspot.com
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: